OU The guy is talking about the very top and you have to hike from the top most parking area. Ontake had almost no snow in April when dane went so I would think that they are carting it in.

Canada uses ice hockey rink snow.

TEAM RAPIDO held their inugural `rail sesh` at one of the `members` homes last October.

they carted four ute loads of ice shavings in from the local ice-skating rink. they set it up in tha driveway. riders came down a gentle slope and onto a rail that they `convieniently` found at tha supermarket! ;\)

i`ve seen tha vid, and everyone looked like they had a swell time.

just goes to show, that with a bit o` forethought, and some good organizing, that almost anything is possible. clap.gif

oh yeah, and the location??? Mt. Matha, in tha southern suburbs of melbourne. aptly named local, perhaps?

OU the base is actually at about 60-65cm. Well thats at Spencers Creek, near Perisher. More snow this weekend - only a bit, and then there looks to be very nice system coming through in about a week.

A 65cm base for this time of year is actually pretty good for Australia. July is shaping up to be good.

The pipe won't open for a while yet. But i have heard that they have been making a lot of snow in the pipe area and that they are starting to get organised. It will be a while yet.

They are expecting 24 of the 50+ lifts to be open this weekend which is bloody good for June.

\:\)

OU im down there for the whole of July! \:D

s_f_g and myself are leaving on Friday and are down there for 5 weeks. Leaving early August. Neither of us are working down there so we will be out on the mountains pretty much every day. \:\)

Where abouts are you thinking of heading? We are staying at Jindy and will be riding Perisher Blue.

OU - we have some mates who are doing a season at Perisher. They are working down there and living in Jindy. We are going to stay with them and just pay them rent. If you know some dates i can ask if they have some room. I'm pretty they would do. Anyways PM me or email me if like.

Top to bottom Thredbo is good when the snow is awesome and there has just been a nice fall, but i still prefer Perisher. I've never been to Charlottes Pass but it does seem to have its following. Not many lifts there though. I wouldn't mind checking it out along with a couple of other resorts in Victoria.

i just got back from 2 days at thredbo myself (and spent a day at perisher on friday). yeah, is looking pretty good for this time of year. it was pretty icy though, and the 5-10cm they had on sunday was much needed, though it didnt really help its cause too much.

love thredbo myself.... just cause its nice and (consistantly) steep \:D . and it doesnt seem to get too crowded.

s/freak..... the new 8 seater is a crowd buster... it should have been there 5 years ago! but it only gives you access to front valley confused.gif

Yeah i've heard the 8 seater has been doing a good job of keeping the lines and crowds down. It's about time! FV was always chocked up. It took forever to get out of the place.

I think have some other 8 and 6 seaters on the drawing board. One on Mt P i think.