One of my boards is standing just next to me next to the desk waiting to be taken for a wax and detune. The other is in the spare room on the bed because i was fiddling with it this evening and couldn't be bothered putting it back properly.

Mine's still in Japan. I left it w/ a good friend because it was just impossible to bring everything back on one shot(still got about 10 boxes in his room). But then again if I just leave it over there I'll have a legitimate excuse to go boarding in Japan come next season! :p

Sitting on my floor in the bag I brought them home from Japan in. I am trying to decide if I will buy a new board this year or not. Sheeit, I don't have any clue where I will be or how much riding I will be doing (although I know I will be in riding in Japan around January). I definitely need new boots and bindings...so I might not buy a board...but dammit, I want a new snowboard!

ummm, no. I respect Flows...but don't personally prefer them.

If any damn snowboard gear company would update their damn websites (WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH THAT?) I would be able to do some more research and post pics...but right now I imagine I will be buying Ride Team bindings and (depending on fit) Vans Contra BOA boots. I will give the new Malamutes a try-on, as well as the TM-Ones from 32, but I am pretty sure I want a BOA boot. I have been riding Ride Team bindings for 3 seasons (different pairs) and they are quite simply the best metal binding made (actually their is a "lighter" version that I guess would be considered better, but I have never found I noticed my bindings were too heavy).

If I splurge for the board I am looking at the Option Sansalone, or possibly the Vinson. I might pick up some baggier pants and I would love to buy some new goggles, but other than that I am pretty much set for next year. I actually (don't hate me or quote me on this) might not do more than one month of "season riding" next year depending on my situation.

...yikes

I got a pair of the Vans BOA Fargo. s_f_g got the Contras. I think the Contras are supposed to be a chicks boot, but i saw a couple of guys wearing them in Japan.

The Fargos are comfy as all hell and seem to be nice and supportive as well. They are big though. A lot bigger than my old Flow boots are. I haven't had a day with the Fargos yet - Saturday will the first day. If you want i'll let you know how they go.

Ender you back to work again mate. A month aint that bad thats 30 days more than most. When you gotta work you gotta work.

SBF gives us an update. hey why didnt you go to NZLAND i heard its cheaper and gets more snow?

Fatty - it has crossed my mind on more than one occasion to hit up NZ. It works out cheaper if you head over for 2 weeks or more at a time. I am getting a season pass over here am saving to head back to Japan next season. So for this season NZ isn't gonna happen. Maybe next season.

Ocean - if your getting fed up with my posts then ignore them. I'm just trying to help out my fellow man as i know ender has been thinking about the BOA's for a while now.

\:\)

I think Ocean is just rattlin your cage bro. Are your Fargos the 03/04 or the 02/03? Nice thing about winter sports down under is you can just refer to a season with a single 2 digit year. Remember back in 01...that ws a great season! \:D

Yeah fatty, workin again. We'll see how it goes though...I don't think I am gonna stick around these parts too long.

SBF, just joking. Your posts do hurt to read though, what with my board standing up in the corridor looking all useless and forlorn (and very dirty).

I do what I can to stay sane, with my own little bit of Australia in Japan...

userpic7696pic73ef45bb1deb23.jpg