Japan heat & humidity watch - summer '09

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Bit hot today out there. 32 degrees and fairly humid but just about bearable.

Looks like tomorrow the weather should be sunny in lots of places. Deciding whether and where to go.

it was hot n sweaty today....I had worked myself up for an unscheduled day off at the beach as the Sotetsu Line workers were meant to be on strike but in typical bloody shitey Union fashion here they caved at the last minute and I had to go to work (I take the sotetsu line and its the only way I can get to work). Japanese trade Unions, as much teeth as an 80 yr old in a nursing home!!

Originally Posted By: RobBright
indeed TB - was also hoping would have the day off work work - but alas the company said they would pay for a taxi.

our company told us under NO circunstances were we to get a taxi so I was to go to Shonandai, see the Sotetsu line closed, phone in and wail about being foiled by those lazy reds then catch the train back to Fuj for a day on the beach....HOWEVER when i got to Shonandai those "lazy Reds" were actually corporate lackeys in disguise and were happily beavering away at their work....leaving this lazy red a day off down and having to go into work!

I'm thinking..... Nikko. friend

Not sure I trust the forecasts after last week though!

ファイナルアンサー decision tomorrow at 6:30am.

The best.....at least in Japan. They really are nice ones, a supermarket down at the beach makes their own, really good. I made bangers and mash the other day with them, slathered n a home made onion gravy!!

• 2 weeks later...