It was announced earlier tonight.

As if real estate in Whistler wasn't expensive enough already.

I hope it doesn't burden them with lots of debt like Nagano. Or Montreal, come to think of it.

Will there still be drug testing for marijuana? lol.gif

I am so exited for this. We really deserved it. I will probably get attacked because I am pro Whistler 2010 but who cares. I am sure Vancouver will do it right and not end up with a load of dept but that doesn't even matter anyway because the long term facilites will improve sport in Canada a lot.

Also by 2010 I should be able to afford tickets to see some events.

A few predictions:

Canada Golds: Hockey

Speed Skating (All distances long and short track as well)

Skiing (All disiplines)

And you can see where I am going with this.

clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

yeah just heard this on internet radio.

a nice birthday present for canada. clap.gif i havnt seen the facilities at whistler. but vancouver will need a bit of cleaning up i think.

off topic - as of today toronto is considered sars free. clap.gif

Oh, I can't wait to see what fantastic dream-like ideas they come up with for the Opening Ceremony! I hope to learn a lot about both modern Canada and its indigenous peoples in a pulsing, vibrant, multi-media pageant.

Well Ocean, I'd say your in for a real treat come 2010. I just hope you can wait that long to learn about Canada.

The only interestinging to come of opening and closing ceremonys to date (for me) was the fireworks at the Nagano closing ceremony, they even looked impressive on TV.

I suppose I'm glad Vancouver will be getting them; at least Seattle won't have to deal with all that excess. Washington state has some incredible slopes, to be sure; I've actually never skied in British Columbia despite living less than 200 km south of Vancouver and visiting there many times. Where will the 2006 Winter Olympics be, by the way?

woo-eee. it'll be sweet, without a doubt... but it's gonna cost a lot of money, and it's not for another billion years, so who knows where i'll be by then!

yo nick, mail me your phone no. i'll give you a call while long distance costs less than 10 dollars a second

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm stoked for Canada and Whistler...Canadians know how to do Olympics. The best Olympics I remember are the 1976 summer games in Montreal.

We lived near Detroit and saw almost round-the-clock coverage on CBC...great stuff. Nadia Comaneci getting perfect 10's, Edwin Moses/Mike Shine doubling up in the long hurdles, the indomitable Teofilo Stevenson in boxing, legendary Japanese gymnast Shun Fujimoto who broke his kneecap in a floor routine the day before, then with zero painkillers landed an agonizing huge jump on the rings to give his team the gold by four-tenths of a point over the Soviet Union...great memories.

But I can't hang around until 2010 to wait for some more CBC coverage and Canada Olympic stoke.

Invece mi piacerebbe visitare Torino per vedere i giochi olimpici invernali '06...mancano solo 897 giorni. Andiamo, ragazzi, andiamo... rasta.gif