• 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: Jynxx
It's off season now. You will get bargains anywhere!
Kanda station and there are heaps of mountain gear and snow equipment there.

Hi Jynxx, do you mean Kanda station in Yamanote line?

Kanda station on Yamanote line.

ALSO. JR ochnomizu,

Subway Jimbocho, ogawacho, awajicho, shinochnomizu.

I think it was Yasukuni Dori, there are heaps of shops there..

I had a look into google japan, and someone wanted to know where was the cheapest,

London sports (opposite Murasaki sports) was recommended.

Good luck!

AmeYoko might be worth checking out if you are around there.

Depends if you want new season gear. If new season gear is what you want, wait till after X'mas. I think this goes with anywhere you live, and it is so in Munich. But the discount seems limited to not so popular gear. So you might luck out.

I go for last year model because you can save heaps! but do it now before someone buys it, especially in the range of 149~ 151. If you are Japanese sized person

I was lucky with London once, very good deal. Like you say but it is sometimes difficult to get what you want there.

I love going that area in autumn month before ski season. It is so exciting time.

check rakuten! very wide selection, most of the stores in the kanda ~ ochanomiya areas use that website and offer bigger discounts because they generally ship from warehouses. I usually go to the shops, have a look around and try on sizes or whatnot and then check rakuten for the same item.

I generally do my buying on October and have no problem finding what I'm looking for!

actually i do the opposite...i check rakuten for skis i want to buy then check the shops and compare, and try to get discount.

We usually do buying in summer and fall.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm with Srog on this one. Perhaps its because the prices at all the main places like Murasaki, Victoria etc are no cheaper than anywhere else in the world (when you factor in exchange rates).

London Sports is well cheap, but a lot of the popular sizes are gone by February (when we usually go) so I haven't bought anything in Jimbocho at all except perhaps a beanie..