Dentist. I can't bear the though of looking in peoples mouths all day. Many of them probably not particularly, er, attractive.

Your couldn't do job?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would not like to have to work in the city and commute every day. Or even out of the city needing to be in at 8:30 and chained to the desk until 5:30. Don't think I could go back to something like that.

But yes dentist has to be a horror.

There are lots I cannot do, but that has more to do with my abilities rather than "likes". The job I just couldn't bring myself to do would be police accident investigator - spending your days looking at other people's tragedies - not for this little black duck!

I second teaching, having done it for 3 years on JET it was hell. Can't imagine what it would be like in a UK school with insolence thrown in.

Special Needs Carer....I have a lot of respect for people who look after those with severe mental disabillities. I get kinda freaked out by them and it takes a very kind hearted and patient person to be able to deal with the challenges 24/7.

Chicken farm hand, abattoir worker....I just think I'd forsake meat for the rest of my puff if I worked in the food industry

Teaching was a great job, it was just the politics and the "you can't touch them" rules that killed it for me!

Originally Posted By: JA
Teaching was a great job, it was just the politics and the "you can't touch them" rules that killed it for me!

was it an all girls shcool or all boys you said you worked at?
Originally Posted By: snowhuntress

WHAT THE ?????????????????????

Sorry, what part of my post is hard?Teaching was a great job, with many rewards. However, to keep your position, you had to "sell" your subject (I'm talking senior high where the only non-optional subject was English) to te kids and parents. If you didn't, the numbers fell and the class collapsed. Thus no job!

In addition, there is a "no touch" policy. If you are a teacher and you haven't heard of it, watch out! If any child complains about your action, you are reported (mandated) to an investigatory body who can ask for your reaction to a claim of 'assault' without being able to tell you when/where/who. How can you respond to a claim when you don;t know when it was alleged to have happened? Buggered if I could!

I miss the people i worked with, but not the rest of the crap!
Originally Posted By: stemik

was it an all girls shcool or all boys you said you worked at?

I have taught in a comprehensive (a yr 7 - 12) government school, in a central school (yr 1 - 10), in a Catholic Senior High (yr 11 and 12). All mixed gender.

Why for you ask?

I think the stir is that you might have liked to have 'touched' in an inappropriate way - you are getting stirred up JA.

Personally I do see JA's issue - allegations need not be substantiated or reasonable to effect a persons career.

Separate issue, but case in point - an off duty cop friend was out for a night on the town with a few of his female friends. He is a self defence instructor in the academy. The group got hassled by a drunk fellow who pushed one of the girls over and hurt her - so the friend of mine told the guy to stand down, go about his business and leave the ladies alone - fella launched at my friend and was blocked by his raised arm/elbow. Unfortunately the sirry irriot was so blind he made dumb decisions and had no balance so he fell over from launching himself into my friend who is a bricksh@thouse at the best of times, but had also consumed no alcohol at all. Dumb drunk party boy hit his head on the way down and had to go to hospital. Mind you first aid and ambulance calling all done by my cop friend - including restraining the violent injured n00b from hurting the ambo's, and he waited and gave a full police report. He has been stood down from his job - one punch laws - police union wont touch him because he was a private citizen at the time, and he doesnt have the right to keep his job until it is heard by a court because accoridng to the police department he is a cop 24/7. Mighty unfair!

I think similar could be said about unfair allegations made in school environemnts - and elsewhere.

I think slightly worried as much as winding up Mamabear.

But I know what is being said. Teaching high school kids must be very difficult now. They may go home early, but they probably have to put up with a lot when they're there.