I thought I would start a Happy Thread - With all the doom and gloom maybe we can all share some happy stories with each other.

Well Saturday week my much loved niece gets married to the most gorgeous wonderful guy. I am so excited.

It is a beach wedding with a carnival theme.

As I think of the moment I am already in tears so can you imagine what I am going to be like on the day. Valium WILL be on the cards.

thumbsup Have a great time Snowhuntress - interesting theme for a wedding!

groovy My most exciting news is that we are planning a Dec/Jan Niseko trip. But I also have a corker of a Saturday planned. Kids first official Rugby game of the season Sat Morning, Gold Class session of Wolverine with some great girl friends Saturday afternoon, and a very swanky glam formal 50th birthday party for a friend Saturday night.

Anyone else smile

Horses have come back into my life.

Looking forward to dancing with horses after 30 years.

And that I don't have a need to jump from high places anymore ...

And I'm beginning to understand German a bit better and stopped getting frustrated about it.

And me an' my girl is still together...

• 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: snowhuntress
I thought I would start a Happy Thread - With all the doom and gloom maybe we can all share some happy stories with each other.

Well Saturday week my much loved niece gets married to the most gorgeous wonderful guy. I am so excited.

As I think of the moment I am already in tears so can you imagine what I am going to be like on the day. Valium WILL be on the cards.

Well the big day has been and gone and it was TRULY SPECTACULAR. I couldn't have asked for everything to have gone better. She looked stunning, the weather was outstanding and everyone behaved (except perhaps myself and the grooms mother groovy)

I will post some pics as soon as I download them.

GN,

That's good to hear, my 4th (and last!)is scheduled delivery for this Friday. This is the first time we've had a scheduled delivery so it is a little strange to be saying "only 3 more sleeps" etc. but still exciting nonetheless.

I am pretty excited by one of my Mothers Day gifts smile

Papa took the profesionally taken shot of the 6 of us laying in the snow shoulder to shoulder with a St Bernard complete with whisky/rum barrel and had it enlarged and framed. I have a huge picture of us all in front of the Matterhorn hanging on my wall now - LOVE it.

Originally Posted By: Go Native
Originally Posted By: ger
Yeah, that truly ROCKS! Boy or Girl?

Will find out when the little bugger makes an appearance!

ooooh, diaper changing, milk bottle sterilizing, laundry,....... just look forward to it.

Well the big day has been and gone and it was TRULY SPECTACULAR. I couldn't have asked for everything to have gone better. She looked stunning, the weather was outstanding and everyone behaved (except perhaps myself and the grooms mother groovy)

I will post some pics as soon as I download them.

fantastic, I think I received a clip of the ceremony

Originally Posted By: thursday
Originally Posted By: Go Native
Yeah, that truly ROCKS! Boy or Girl?

Will find out when the little bugger makes an appearance!

ooooh, diaper changing, milk bottle sterilizing, laundry,....... just look forward to it.

Mate,

What's a few nappies compared to the love, the cuddles, the laughter, the pure joy that comes with nurturing your children, the incredible wonder of birth and new life and eveything else that being a parent brings with it? Kids are a lot of work but being a dad is the best thing ever.

Love, cuddles, laughter and joy. Yeah, there is that but there's also vomit, diarrhea and snot, rotavirus and cancelled vacations, food and drink thrown around the house, destruction, mayhem and anguish...

Don't get me wrong. I love it and wouldn't trade it for anything but it would REALLY suck if it wasn't so AWESOME.

Love, cuddles, laughter and joy. Yeah, there is that but there's also vomit, diarrhea and snot, rotavirus and cancelled vacations, food and drink thrown around the house, destruction, mayhem and anguish...

Don't get me wrong. I love it and wouldn't trade it for anything but it would REALLY suck if it wasn't so AWESOME.

Got that right ger, and the worries don't stop when they can tell you what's wrong instead of just crying.... but the vast vast vast majority of parents would tell you they wouldnt trade it for the world!

VERY NICE SV, that is what this topic is about HAPPINESS & GOOD NEWS.

Good luck to everyone with their upcoming bundles of joy. smile

Here are some photo's of my proud day.

KelRyan2.jpg

Beach.jpg

ScottJo3.jpg

WeddingCake2.jpg

HOPE YOU ALL ENJOY!!