I really would like to visit Japan for next winter and enjoy the skiing. Last year I was in Japan for 1 week (not winter) but since then the exchange rate is so expensive for me and I presume many people outside of Japan.

Of course, nobody knows timetable for changing exchange rates, but is there any outlook for when the yen might lose some of it's value helping us who want to go for winter.

I hope my English good enough to understand there. Sorry!

Thanks

Oh no please don't think I was mocking him, now I feel really bad sadface I remember this year when we were coming I keep asking as many currency traders as I knew if there was going to be an improvement in the yen. I should have perhaps done some trading rather than been so anxious to get the best exchange for my trip.

in hind sight, I should have changed my AUD to Y when it was 0.9 cents.

Maybe for Aussies, the only chance is if the dollar goes up but that's what the government doesn't want to do... I would buy USD at a favorable rate and change that when the US is stronger to yen. But then you'll lose the high australian interest rate not being in the bank and commission for two transactions. If you aren't dealing in 100G's not too big deal, just have to cop it.

There's still plenty of doom and gloom about the Japanese economy, that's for sure! It doesn't sound like the Japanese banks have a lot of other people's toxic assets though, so maybe that's a counteracting force. They've just got lots of their own.