• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Well, that number is impressive. Compare it to those other attempts at Smartphones from Docomo. Hardly likely to do a million in a month in the Japanese marker.

I suppose you are referring to the 1m ipads sold?

Bought a HTC Legend which is an awesome andiod based phone. Can be set up so I can type in a sentence and it will speak it in another language which would have been awesome if it accepted the SIMs here in China...... :(

• 3 weeks later...

OK. I have spent a fair bit of time with both iphone and xperia.

I really prefer the xperia experience, no pun intended.

Smoother all round, bigger screen.

Don't know how in the big picture the apps situation is, but I will be signing up for one of those.

• 3 months later...

The display on my Xperia started doing some funky stuff that it shouldn't be doing yesterday. Like doing stuff I wasn't asking it to do without me touching it. Then it went ok again. It was acting up a bit this morning too. So took it to Docomo this afternoon --- to my happy surprise they almost immediately swapped it for a new one!

friend

Softbank is generally not as good as Docomo, seems to be the general opinion. I think so too.

Iphone - phone = ipod touch, get one of them. Then get a decent phone that actually works and has decent coverage for your phoning life.

Docomo announced they will release the Samsung Galaxy S - which is one of the best android phones around......and the Samsung Galaxy Tab too which is by most accounts the leading android based tablet.

The Galaxy S phone will run 2.1 OS which is big improvement on the current "docomodroid 1.6" (HT-03, Xperia), but would be better if they had gone all the way to 2.2 OS.

Also word is a Android phone with all the stuff J-peeps clamour for - osaifu, one seg etc is due out next year by docomo, by who? not sure, but perhaps Sharp or Toshiba.

I see softbank now has a top line HTC handset (the 'Desire') for sale, Damn! the Iphone and a top line android HTC? shame their network coverage sucks ass. But props to them for pushing the smartphones and decent ones at that.

http://phandroid.com/2010/09/30/samsung-...-in-march-2011/