• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Few too many syllables for this forum perhaps? lol

Oh I like change well enough. I've just never been too keen on being always connected to the outside world 24/7. One of the reasons I live in a rural town in Hokkaido I guess.

Originally Posted By: Go Native
I have all internet functionality including receiving emails disabled on my phone

Out of interest, why did you buy such an 'advanced' phone in the first place?

You can get one that looks like this, and just does calls. It's cheaper.

01v.jpg

I just love the google maps thing on mine. It has proved to be very useful more than a few times.

That new Xperia looks sweet. Interested to know what the apps are like on android phones.

This whole discussion sounds like a boy tying to explain 'new fangled' tech to his crankly old grandad, who just hasn't got a clue but at the same time isn't interested either and already knows what he thinks.

lol

It took me a while to get a phone and only recently an iphone. I have since learned that it is one of those things that you really need to actually touch and use to really 'get'.

Originally Posted By: inner muppet
Originally Posted By: Go Native
I have all internet functionality including receiving emails disabled on my phone

Out of interest, why did you buy such an 'advanced' phone in the first place?

You can get one that looks like this, and just does calls. It's cheaper.

My wife got an extra phone for free when she bought hers, that's the phone I have. She does like to use a few other functions than I do wink

For the record muppet it's not that I don't understand how to use new technology at all or have no interest whatsoever. I have a very powerful computer for gaming at home for instance. It's just I'm not someone overly fascinated by all new tech's out there either. Most of which I find are just more about getting more money out of you rather than really making much of a difference to lifestyle.

Still sounds like that! lol

Quote:
Most of which I find are just more about getting more money out of you rather than really making much of a difference to lifestyle.

But people like and want different things and surely the value of a product or service and what it 'adds to their lifestyle' is purely for each person to decide. Just because you don't like some fancy melody set as your phone tone (or whatever) and you can't understand that other people might want to pay 100 yen (or whatever) for the privilege doesn't mean it has no worth. I find lots of them a bit ridiculous myself, but some people obviously like these things.

Aren't most companies in this world doing things "just about getting more money"? I'm sure I have read you state that before yourself.

I am just stating my point of view. It's not like I'm expecting you to agree with it. I do understand that different people like different things....

I'm a little bored at work and just thought I'd stir things up a bit, helps pass the day biggrin

Right now, not so good. But I am using it a lot at the moment learning how it all works etc, so it's not really 'normal use' right now. Reviews seem tosay the same, I suppose with so much functionality you can't expect it to last for ages. As long as it can last the day it doesn't won't bother me,.

OK the other day I changed my 2 year old mobile for this Xperia one.

Been playing with it for a few days now but I think it is awesome.

I have never really liked the menus on the Docomo phones, always seemed clumsy and difficult to get a handle of.

This is so easy to use, tons of useful stuff and having a blast checking out apps on the thing.

I suspect it is similar to the iphone (?) in lots of ways, but it's a huge improvement over the usual docomo way of doing things.

Big thumbs up thumbsup

• 2 weeks later...

Another update. Battery is getting better and better.

At 80% now, the last time it was charging was 36 hours ago.

I have had it on and used it normally since then, though not really much web stuff.

Still love it, really glad I picked this one.

Android is an os system that is based on the linux kernel.

The best thing about this is that it is open software, so anyone can edit it, for better or for worse.

If you mean the interface, or the GUI, then yes, a lot of them are similar to the iPhone.