2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GAAAA!

Found these two and I think I will go with one of them now. I want GMT.

This one has awesome 10yr battery, super accurate within 10 secs per year. 35,000yen:

SBQJ017.jpg

This one is Titanium, lighter (88g), solar powered, time updates automaticaly daily by radio waves. Has GMT and also 24 city world time. 106,000yen:

SAGA009.jpg

Don't like that last one at all. So noisy, all those city names on them.

Actually I don't like many of them in this thread! Seems you can't buy individuality!

smile

The design on the top one is beautiful isnt it.

I like the bottom one, but I agree its tad noisy. I dont need those 2 dials for day of week and GMT (prefer a GMT hand to a GMT dial), and the writing on the side is a bit much. And it costs 3x the other one. But then again, it has all those nice features like solar/radio update etc. If they did the top one in titanium with solar itd be perfect. I'll probably buy the top one tommorow unless it feels uncomfortable.

Nice watches, I like the top one best, but if the bottom one had the city names off it, I'd like that too.....HOWEVER there is no way I'm gonna pay that much for a watch!! I'd rather go on a trip (I can't afford both! omg )

Think about it. Buy a watch now, wear for 10 years and get double what you paid for it. Or buy a Seiko. Fine watches they be too.

It's just me. I do stupid things.

Yodobashi camera was great, they had EVERY seiko in stock plus full ranges from most other big makers. That is the place to buy a watch!

I went with the top one (silver strap, white face, quartz, gmt and calendar) in the end.

actually Stemik I was thinking the same thing and the watch he bought was ¥36,000 on the cheapest site listed on kakaku.com. So ¥35,000 at Yodobashi was cheaper than any net store listed on kakaku.

Not too shabby.

My strap broke and battery died on old watch about 6 months go and they wanted 10000man to fix it, but it only cost 16000 to buy (it was one of those Skagen watches that look nice and are really light). So it is just a replacement. I was driving my wife insane researching watches 24/7 so I think she is happy that it is finally all over. Now my new game is to answer any question by saying `the time? well its 9:17 exactly, or 1:17 if you want GMT`

• 2 weeks later...

Still really can't understand the whole concept of spending big $$$ on a watch or the need for one at all but hey if it makes you happy that's all that matters thumbsup