1. 1. Do you like this poll?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

I'm trying to decide between the following three watches.

The bottom one is a fair bit pricier than the other two, but it has more 'jewels' (whatever they do), and the strap is better. It also weighs a fair bit more (probably cos of the meatl bit on the strap). They all have a see-thru back. The problem with the bottom one is that it costs a fair bit more, and I think the face is maybe too complicated. I like real classic 50s style design.

Which do you think looks the best / should I get?

SARB030:

001.jpg

SARB044:

SARB044.jpg

SARC010:

SARC010.jpg

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the middle one best easy.

How much do these things cost? Is your heart set on a Seiko for any particular reason? Oh go on do tell!

I must have a Seiko. biggrin

I lived in Nagano-ken for 3 years, and Seiko is based there. Also they are really under-rated, they do really top quality watches but they don't have the reputation internationally of Omega, Rolex etc being a relatively new watchmaker and being Japanese. I into function over form, quality, value, understatement, modernity and this brand seems to offer all those smile I like Toyota for the same reasons.

The top two cost 35000yen and the bottom one costs 75000yen. I was originally going to get a Grand Seiko which is their luxury type to rival Rolex (they are supposed to be equally good according to various watch forums). They cost more like 35man - 75man for the ones I liked. But I decided to wait until some major event and get one then, maybe my 40th birthday or my 10th wedding anniversary.

If you click on the links above each photo you can see other photos, the see-thru back is well cool. I might wear it back to front 'Nani-style'.

Nice, I am also kind of erring towards the second one. I think it would look better with a black strap but thats not available.

The top one does have a second hand by the way, it is just overlapping the minute hand.

My last watch had a leather strap and yep it started cracking. But it was a cheaper one (Skagen - looks the bxllocks, nice and slim/lighweight, but the batteries lasts 5 mins and cheap straps).

But metal straps are so damn heavy, and they dont feel nice in summer either.

I think I'm gonna get the middle one tonight. Problem is I cant try it on anywhere cos none of the shops around me have any of those in stock.

They also have the top and middle ones available in black strap/silver features instead of gold/brown. Not sure which color to go for now!

seiko = very good watches. I have a seiko and a rolex ....the seiko keeps better time than the rolex, and probably a 1/10th of the price