• 1 month later...
  • Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I KNOW!

And seeing as it is not yet 5am, and I am wide awake veryangry, even after I found it difficult to fall asleep last night - and didnt until about midnight....

I will be ticked off if I fall asleep half way thru!!

LOVE TDAT!

That director seems to do nothing other than big disaster end of the world type movies. Does look fun though.

I thought Day After Tomorrow sucked after the big effect scenes.

2012 looks pretty good. Think we had a thread on this a while back, how the Mayan calendar ends on Dec 21st 2012 and they say that it will be the apocalypse. seems a ftting way to celebrate my 32nd birthday!! cheers

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
2012 looks pretty good. Think we had a thread on this a while back, how the Mayan calendar ends on Dec 21st 2012 and they say that it will be the apocalypse. seems a ftting way to celebrate my 32nd birthday!! cheers

That could be quite apocalyptic in itself! cheers

I love those big great effects disaster movies, however silly they are. Until there's all the cheering and backslapping and dramatic music at the end when they all pull through. Too much cheese, especially when flags are also involved.

The big rousting speech delivered by the "President" to the pilots on Independence Day was cringe-worthy for it's cheese level.

Originally Posted By: President from Independence Day Movie
Good morning. In less than an hour, aircraft from here will join others from around the world. And you will be launching the largest aerial battle in the history of mankind. "Mankind." That word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore. We will be united in our common interests. Perhaps it's fate that today is the Fourth of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom... Not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution... but from annihilation. We are fighting for our right to live. To exist. And should we win the day, the Fourth of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day the world declared in one voice: "We will not go quietly into the night!" We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on! We're going to survive! Today we celebrate our Independence Day!

[crowd cheers]