BBC iplayer from outside the UK

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wiggles, i heard it should work even with wii channel, but i think the wii settings or your login account has to be set to a uk address. Thats from my research when i was looking into proxies, not personal xp.

Looking forward to that.

Would be good if ITV and the others opened up too.

And not ask too much for it!

Bobby

As things stand, the iPlayer Wii channel is only available via the UK online Wii store. Well, you can find the file on Rapidshare etc. but the verdict seems to be that it won't install unless your Wii has a UK shop channel. The region of the shop channel can be changed, but it sounds like a risky hack.

I dont have a wii but i heard the hardware/software is the same everywhere. if so, i would imagine you can set the wii to UK settings and uk login and then use proxy server to go online from UK IP and access UK contents.

• 4 months later...
Quote:
The Beeb's letting loose an international iPlayer app today for 11 Western European countries, and later this year, they'll dip their toe in the water for a year in the US, Canada and Australia. Anyone for streaming Doctor Who?

While it'll be ad-supported, users will also have to pay 50 Euros/$70 for an annual subscription, or 7 Euros/$10 per month, and will have two bonuses over the British users of the app—streaming-support over 3G connections, instead of just Wi-Fi. The Guardian has reported they'll also be able to download episodes for viewing later, and offline. Just don't get sucked into watching Eastenders, folks—I hear it's addictive.

Ads AND money?

No word on Japan it seems.
Originally Posted By: igloo
Quote:
The Beeb's letting loose an international iPlayer app today for 11 Western European countries, and later this year, they'll dip their toe in the water for a year in the US, Canada and Australia. Anyone for streaming Doctor Who?

While it'll be ad-supported, users will also have to pay 50 Euros/$70 for an annual subscription, or 7 Euros/$10 per month, and will have two bonuses over the British users of the app—streaming-support over 3G connections, instead of just Wi-Fi. The Guardian has reported they'll also be able to download episodes for viewing later, and offline. Just don't get sucked into watching Eastenders, folks—I hear it's addictive.

Ads AND money?

No word on Japan it seems.

I saw some of that recently.
I came out of the experienced depressed after hearing what seemed like a 30 minute shouting slanging match.
  • 2 weeks later...