• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know Myoko well at all, and from that position I can safely say that all the names confuse me - a more united "Myoko" would certainly be easier to grasp what it is other than the multiple resorts/companies/whatever. I am well aware that it is rather complex in terms of who owns what etc etc, just thought I'd make the point.

Originally Posted By: Myoko Guy
Maybe we could encourage a Japanese equivalent of that reality show where they come in and makeover your property? Instead the concept would be come and makeover the local eki smile SMAP could be hosts wink

lets hope they remember to wear their clothes then!! lol
Originally Posted By: Error404
I don't know Myoko well at all, and from that position I can safely say that all the names confuse me - a more united "Myoko" would certainly be easier to grasp what it is other than the multiple resorts/companies/whatever.

It is a good point. The message of "Myoko" is not particularly clear to lots of people I feel.

It is a good point. If you see a Mount Myoko map it becomes much clearer. How to convey that may be a different matter.

If the lift companies keep getting around the table they could maybe do some rebranding with Myoko in the name of each resort: Myoko Akakan, Myoko Ikenotaira Onsen, etc.

There's a geographic problem too in that some of the nearby Nagano resorts are sort of drawn into Myoko's 'orbit' - Madarao, Tangram, Kurohime, etc. But there's no way they are going to get involved in any common branding.

They'll be wanting cash from the ken for that re-re-re-rebranding!! Didn't Akakan just go through that (for the ?th time)?

I think Shiga Kogen seems to have that done pretty good. Most people know it as "Shiga Kogen" more than Kumanoyu, Yakebitaiyama, Ichinose .... well, Shiga Kogen is the parent name anyhow. (Maybe?) From what i have heard, Akakan and Akakura aren't the best of mates, can't see them cosying up in the quick short term.

Nothing special.

I don't think Myoko would or should want Madarao/Tangram/Kurohime involved in their "Myoko" thing. It would be getting too complicated which is where we are at now.

There's a good looking mountain there with a handful of resorts coming off it, which the user might see as being one resort - like Niseko in some ways (though perhaps not many!)

Kurohime is smallish but pretty good for families.

>There's a good looking mountain there with a handful of resorts coming off it, which the user might see as being one resort

Agree SKI, think that's the way they have to move forward.

If I remember rightly, Kurohime is the one with a steep course at the top that is no longer open because the lift seized up and they had no money to fix it. Maybe a sign of things to come elsewhere. I think it's owned by a tourist company, maybe JTB. The rumour was that they were doing okay then they built some huge concrete building at the bottom and its mired the resort in debt.

Lots of besso land nearby at giveaway prices for sure.

I keep meaning to go to see CW Nicol's forest project thing. Maybe this year sometime.

>Lots of besso land nearby at giveaway prices for sure.

And besso too. I saw a place nearby there with 5 cabins on it go for about 10 mill last year.

>The rumour was that they were doing okay then they built some huge concrete building at the bottom and its mired the resort in debt.

Not sure about this but it wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility.