Making a full-quality audio CD

OK here's what I want to do.

Get an official CD album (one that I bought in the shop) and somehow make a copy of it, but with the tracks in a different order and with a few replaced.

I know I can do that in itunes, but I'm almost certain the sound quality is compromised. I want a full quality same-as-cd sound.

This may well be a doh question, but can someone in the know perhaps tell me how I might do that?

Thanks!

Change the iTunes import settings to "Apple lossless", (or something like that) rather than the default 128kb/s bit rate, and you should have no loss of quality.

Originally Posted By: thursday
if you put a cd in the drive and browse it using explorer, you can see each track is a .cda. You can copy those to a seperate directory and then burn them to CD.

Sorry,, that doesnt work.. All you get is an icon,, but not the song

You need a program called audiograbber (free to download with serial # if you know how *cough* bittorrent *cough*
Grabs the whole song straight form the CD in its original format

Then you can copy them to a new CD using windows media player or whatever you like

The problem with this is that the songs will not be labelled with names,, you will have to do this yourself before burning to a new CD

DO not change the file extension when renaming the tracks

I use audiograbber alot,, and its very easy and efficient to use
Originally Posted By: keba
Change the iTunes import settings to "Apple lossless", (or something like that) rather than the default 128kb/s bit rate, and you should have no loss of quality.

Or try using the .flac format but this results in a huge output. And also not playable on a lot of mp3 players.
  • 3 weeks later...