• Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7...All in Hakuba. Got the one week of heavy snow in Feb for 5 days and then back again for the big dump on 27th and 28th of March for 2 more. It's all about timing.....or is it luck ? Anyway, one digit away from how many I would have liked.......maybe next year.

Originally Posted By: SantaCruz
How is Zermatt?
I've only done boarding in the Seattle area and at Whistler, but looking to expand my horizons this next season smile

Loved it.
Cost wise, wasnt ridiculously expensive - but I am used to Aus prices! LOL And it depends on how your currency is going against the swiss franc at the time I suppose - the rate of exchange was pretty crud for us, but we still felt it worth it.

Bluebird days about 70% of our 2 weeks trip.

Terrain - lots of variety - was lovely to hit BIG mountains. Awesome to be able to start in one country - travel up and over and be in another, and back again. Some runs were great wide snowboarder paradise, but there was a few spots that were skier-centric, and a bit frustrating for a boarder. One very long flat we unclipped and walked until we got some descent going on again, and quite a few rolling hills where the unsuspecting boarder might not be going fast enough at the top to make it up to the top of the next incline - not so much a problem for we big peoples, but the kids got stuck. Also a few narrow runs home in places - bit tough for boarders in heavy traffic.

But all up - if you get the chance - do it.

MB my bro was just in Zermatt and thought it was CRAZY expensive!! Also he had booked Heli-boarding but coudn't go cos the weather wasn't playing ball....he was not a happy bunny

I reckon we got value for money Tubby, but if the weather was shite I might not think so. Wont be rushing back though - another 5-10years maybe...and without the kids next time, but still reckon it was worth it.

Might be the same if I were to go to Aspen or Whistler.... bit on the exxy side, but worth it for the expereince of it.

But Niseko - there is another story - would go back year after year after year if I had any say in it.