G'day all.

I'm new here and fairly new to Japan too. Just wondering what gear you guys have?

I'm embarrased to talk about my current gear and put aside a modest budget to get fully re-kitted out in time for winter.

Any recommendations out there?

(Boarding'z the sport)

Sharpedge,

If you are around Tokyo, Ochanomizu sitll have shops open year around for last seson's stuff. No gurantee on selection, but if you have time, take a peak down there.

Buying gear rather depends on how big you are. If you take a boot size any bigger than 29, you'll probably need to look overseas for boots and a board (everything else you can pretty much get here).

Boards can be bought online, but boots can be a problem. What kind of boots/bindings are you thinking about?

If you're not that big, you can probably get a decent deal on stuff here, but it may be worth looking online anyway for really cheap deals.

Last year I rode an 02-03 Option Signature 161, Salomon Malamutes (with a bite out of them), Ride Team Bindings, Oakley A-Frames, and Burton Ronin and K2 Paradise outer wear.

This year I will most likely buy Vans Contra BOA boots and some Ride Team or Flight bindings. I haven't decided yet if I am gonna buy a new board. Probably smart of me not to...but you know how it works.

I recently walked into a sports shop in Canada selling snow gear and asked politely if they had any K2 twin tips and was nearly thrown out..."We don't sell garbage here" was the reply.

(this being Canada, it was all in good humour, of course...at least I think it was)