Last nigth a bunch of friends were out and we got talking about stories of how they met their g/f, b/f, partner.... some interesting ones (including "in the toilet of a bar"!) but mine is quite boring -- colleague at work.

Anyone got any fun ones to share?

I was staying at a backpacker at that time. I was with a different French German girl but was getting sick of her after 4 days. A new German couple arrived, and I met the girl in the kitchen. I think I fell in love with her there. Luckly for me, they weren't a couple and the guy went off with the girl I was with. She put all her stuff from the van into my Fairmount ghia and....since it has been 3 years

Church Youth Group - neither of us are church goers now.

But what I love is the fact that we met and married young and poor - we know we are together for the right reasons - but we have worked hard together and achieved a quite comfortable lifestyle (decadent even). I would hate to have achieved that and then met my partner and never knew if they loved me or my money more.... At least we KNOW. LOL

On a Melbourne Uni Mountaineering Club rockclimbing trip to Wilson's Prom was the first time we met. Then later at a party, got her really drunk, banged her stupid and she then spent the rest of the night puking her guts out. Real romantic beginning razz

Just got back from a (non-snow) trip to Japan.

We both work at Microsoft and there are a lot of internal mailing lists. The future gf was just about to go to Japan and had posted to one of the lists asking for recos, advice, experiences, etc. We met up for lunch and she was instantly smitten with my good looks =p

Boring as batshit, I know, but met in our TAFE class (Cert III IT Support) - she sat behind me and was obviously taken with my intelligence and superior knowledge wink

I had been drinking too much at a nightclub and was a bit worse for wear. I basically fell onto my girlfriend outside the club, she went crashing to the floor. My friend knew who she was and the next day told me so I was able to apologise for that and her subsequent sprained ankle. And we started dating.

groovy

Originally Posted By: Go Native
Then later at a party, got her really drunk, banged her stupid and she then spent the rest of the night puking her guts out. Real romantic beginning razz

What a gem thumbsup

Sounds like any Friday night in Leeds.

friend of mine, she was learning windsurfing but drifted out to sea. Thought of swimming back but quite scared, being a girl. Luckily a yaght passed by and she signalled for help.

Her rescuer was a Venezualean diplomat. They started dating. Must've lasted a month or so before he moved on.