Originally Posted By: Jynxx
Intelligence is something very tangible and the way we evaluate it is not really holistic.

After years of study and research even those who are experts on the area separate intellegence into various area's of intellegence, a person who is very academically inellengent can be seriously lacking in social intellegence.

I would think that for the purposes of this thread we need not be so specific or pedantic and instead just laugh and accept that stoooopid is stooopid without too much analysis.

rollabout

"Stupid is as stupid does" ... Forrest Gump

yeah, I laugh a lot these days about the world but some thing are not funny.

Like George Bush, or "mini-me" Howard or how we live..

Laughter is good medicine but can be cruel ....

at least if I can laugh about myself, I am doing OK... but no one should be laughing about in someones face and we should at least have the grace to keep it to a smile... yeah it is funny though sometimes... lol

Again, a sense of humor is based on ones culture, intelligence, circumstance, analyzing.... and some times it's just purely funny.

I wonder how a sense of humour come bout ... are you born with it, or it's a acquired taste?

maybe just chemicals in your brain

Hey, me-Jane

I think there is "Feeling" Intelligence.

It's in between your chest and stomach area.

The brain in my head gives me directions based on rational, logical, learnt response.

It looks for a pattern, missing pieces, reference seeking to understand.

But this second brain knows smile If you can stop thinking in your head brain for 10 min, you will have a clue to what I am on about.

I have a friend who is a Sydney Uni, medal winner (meaning top graduate of the dept.) Ph.D in Pharmacology. She has a photographic memory. What makes her intelligent is that she Knows that her academic achievement is based on this edge she has over others, and admits she can't solve problems in math or physics.

So self reflection, is important for me. Knowledge about myself is a big part of intelligence. And I still don't know. Who am I ...

I think Kokodoko is a monk.

Originally Posted By: Mamabear

After years of study and research even those who are experts on the area separate intellegence into various area's of intellegence, a person who is very academically inellengent can be seriously lacking in social intellegence.

I know Mamabear. Been thinking about it a lot recently with my uni work. That's why I asked.

Thanks Jynxx. Do you mean something like "gut instinct" for feeling intelligence? Like your friend example, knowing your limitations and the ability to reflect are parts of intelligence. I think intelligence/stupidity for the purposes of this thread is common sense/or lack thereof..but then that is culturally dependent too. It's all relative, some people are dazzled by my intelligence and others probably think I'm not all there!

Hey, there MMT!! Long time no hear!

Oh dear, did I give the impression that I thought you were stupid?? I certainly didn't mean to.

Originally Posted By: Mini Me Tarzan
I can count up to 10 now.

I am impressed! But go easy on Mum, she possibly does know a thing or three. (I nearly said two, but realised that there is no such number!!) veryshocked

Gambatte

More than dumb! -that is outrageous greed overcoming common sense.

The fellow decided to ignore the voice in his head that said "ummm...no...this guy is not able to afford this cab fare", and listened to the one wringing his hands with glee and saying "Money Money Money".