So, for those in Japan, anyone get their free 12000 yen from the Japanese govt yet?

Married friend just told me this morning that he got his. Nothing here yet.

(Can't find the old thread on this, anyone help?)

• 3 weeks later...

money was in the bank on Friday - 64,000 (20 for the Kds - 12 for the adults) of bribe money from the desperate LDP - gratefully accepted.

I have PR and got the money, a mate (on a spouse visa) in a another town in Nara was told he couldn't get it.

My city was the first town in Nara to get the cash out ( so they say)

seems to me the homeless could really do with a bit of help ...seems strange :(

Our cash bonuses are worked out on tax level as well - so I suppose that would eliminate a lot of our homeless as well ... if you qualify but have not submitted your tax return on time you do not get it.

We dont qualify.

Originally Posted By: Mamabear

Our cash bonuses are worked out on tax level as well - so I suppose that would eliminate a lot of our homeless as well ... if you qualify but have not submitted your tax return on time you do not get it.

We got some for being a single income family earning under $150k.
And some for kids going to school. $2500 all up and about $2000 at Xmas.
I don't get the tax bonus because I didn't earn enough last year (as I moved here late in the fin year) but I know 8 japanese mates that will get $900 each because they worked here last FY but are in Jp now. I think thats crap.
Originally Posted By: Indo
......I know 8 japanese mates that will get $900 each because they worked here last FY but are in Jp now. I think thats crap.

WOW, that is interesting!

I know the govt has to make some decisions about how the money will be allocated and in doing so will miss some people but include most, but I do wonder how providing cash to people living in other countries will stimulate the economy of the country giving the bonus (that is intended to be spent to stimulate the economy).... confused

Exactly MB. They really needed to make it for Residents. I have no props if they are still living here and will send the money. The OZ govt pays massive amounts to non residents who worked here for a short time in the 60's also and they also got the bonus at Xmas. Just bloody silly if you ask me.

Theres another example of the same.

Japanese stimulus money being sent to the UK to sit in a bank account thereby not stimulating anything except bobby12's retirement plans.

Not that I am against people spending thier money the way they wish - I am not. I just think the purpose for which the money is being splashed about is being lost.

Money is just numbers to me.

Any excess numbers at the end of the month get sent home. Sometimes I have a big month, buying flights or shakken etc and then I cant send money. Other times income is increased for some reason and I can send more. I don't attach emotion to where the money comes from - even if I get a bonus I don't bother spending it on anything special.

Yeah I'm the same, I would have had to pay for accomm in Hakkodate whether I got the bonus or not. I only send money back to Australia if it's for investment purposes not because I actually ever want to go back there (I really hope I never have to go back there).

i reckon dealing with a voucher (printing them, and disributing them, and then the part or full use of them and how the shop gets the money from the govt would be the reason why.

Easier to deposit cash to peoples bank accounts!