Son's wanting a DSi for his upcoming birthday..

Thinking about getting the new colors from Japan BUT it appears that there may be no option for English.

Any of you game heads (or folks with groms) know if English is possible on the Japa releases?

Cheers

Nintendo aren't generally interested in putting English menus on their systems and games as well. Don't know about the DSi but every other Nintendo console I have seen in Japan (pretty much all of them apart from handhelds) do not have English option. Perhaps the DS does though.....

They play, but they are not all in English.

Child #2 bought Guitar Hero DS while we were in Germany and it is not able to be played in English.

The eldest has a couple of games bought in Japan that have only got Japanese instructions - but that is OK as he can read them.

Nintendo games themselves often don't have multi-language - it's a space (and probably region thing).

So while all games will play on all DSs from anywhere in the world, the language might be a problem. Solution is to buy the games from places you know will be English.

Not sure about whether the OS can be swapped to English. This is Nintendo, so probably not! wink

Chhers, most of that I knew.

I looked at an aussie version of the DS an in it's settings it had about 6 languages to choose from, including Japanese. Japanese isn't a problem as he can read it, I think he just wants one like his friends!