Nothing quite like sliding uphill on one's face, tenaciously gripping a red plastic handle, whilst ones' board chops along the snow behind, jolting the knee on each hit!

evilgrin

Good times!

LOL come to think of it - they used one of the plastic handle drag lifts at the Grass Skiing they used to have out Wanneroo/Yanchep way YEARS ago.

I had forgotten about that but for my 40th my Mum made a photo board from my childhood pic's. Bizarrely for a girl who has just taken up snow sports in the past few years I have pics of me hugging a blow up snowman (3yrs old-it was twice as big as me), and me hurtling down a grass ski slope!

She also had photo's of me on the phone at 5yrs old, and sitting on a big black dog at 2yrs old. I am ALWAYS on the phone, and own heaps of greyhounds - most of them black.

Funny to look back on and make connections.

For sure.

Last time I was back home the parents got out an old slides projector thingy and we all took in some slides from way back, even back to when my parents were in their 20s. It was a real nostalgia trip.

Nah mate, didn't get pics. Weather said it was gonna be cloudy and light snow all day BUT there were times when the snow stopped and the clouds parted and the sun came out. I could've got a few decent pics of the surrounding Gunma Mountains, they were pretty awesome. I like to try the smaller less well trodden places, this time we were driving, and there was about 25 cars in the car park, it was sweeeeet!! They had some boot top powder in the morning that turned sugary in the afternoon. All in all though a good day of spring riding!

Kinda small actually, looking at the piste map I thought it was gonna be bigger. There are a lot of trees and during high season these may be accessible altho they look pretty tightly packed together. The snow was actually very good up top and again during the season I can see that the snow quality here would probably be very good. I think like a lot of the smaller Gunma resorts, its not bad for 1 day but you'd probably become bored having multiple days here.