• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I never ate spam as a child and having seen it at other peoples houses, and I think perhaps nibbled at a little bit to see if I liked it - never wanted to.

However when we were house sharing back in our early 20's one of the housemates said - ah! dont knock it until ya tried it. They assured me that SPAM burgers were the ducks nuts. Suppose I wouldnt eat ducks nuts either - coz they were the grossest thing I have eaten in my life!

Has anyone ever had one of those whole canned chickens? I used to see these at Safeway back in The States up until a couple of years ago. I was always curious, but never got up the courage to buy one just to see what it looked like inside the can!

I'm imagining pale, soggy whole chicken in broth.

I guess if after heating, adding flour and some browned onions and mushrooms, that mucous-like gelatinous fluid may become something like gravy...

It does add a bit of work to the simple "open can, consume" ethos of this product though! (I was going to say "enjoy" instead of "consume", but I know very well that there will be no happiness inside that can!)