Well at last I managed to get to Zao, and timing was good too - there was some fresh snow, the weather was good for the most part and the monsters were in decent condition. So I took a ton of photos and was left wanting more. (Apparently, it rained again soon after I had left and the snow monsters soon deteriorated).

I agree with a lot of what has been said in BagOfCrisps thread and the Zao 08/09 thread. Zao is very different from anything in the Minamiuonuma area and a really new experience for me. I will hopefully go back next year again to enjoy it more. The place is certainly up there in my favourites. Worth a visit!

Anyway here's a selection of pics (with more in my galleries if you are interested).

muikabochi_1401.jpg

muikabochi_1394.jpg

muikabochi_1391.jpg

muikabochi_1387.jpg

muikabochi_1370.jpg

muikabochi_1365.jpg

muikabochi_1357.jpg

muikabochi_1309.jpg

muikabochi_1292.jpg

muikabochi_1393.jpg

Thanks. I took nearly 600 photos in 2 days up there. Admittedly lots were at night time with me working out how to use my camera properly - never really done night shots before. Hands were frozen too with my gloves off up there!

Good place.

Originally Posted By: muikabochi
Thanks. I took nearly 600 photos in 2 days up there. Admittedly lots were at night time with me working out how to use my camera properly - never really done night shots before. Hands were frozen too with my gloves off up there!

Good place.

600 photos in 2 days omg
anytime left for boarding?

ah, muika, that reminds me. The D700 has auto ISO if needed. With it turned on, it can up the ISO if there is insufficient light for a shake free shot (only thing is, you won't notice). The noise is quite impressively low at high high settings.

Good job we no longer need to develope and print them 600 shots.