or you can do the Japanese Christmas and get your sumptuous Christmas fayre from........KFC!!!! Believe it or not that is the traditional Christmas Food over here, the queue's go right down the street, I sheet u not! lol

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got my quotes in for our 2010 trip and nearly passed out. They have doubled from last year. I thought everything was going to be a little cheaper with discounts this year??? Looks like I wont be staying on the slope this year may have to downgrade quite some to be able to afford it. sadface

Well I am Happy to Announce WE ARE BOOKED. We finally found some good accomodation unfortunately not ski in ski out but was at a really good rate.

Feel like a traitor not staying at my regular haunts but at the end of the day the best price won. WHO CARES we are going on holidays.

Will be arriving February for 14 days. groovy

Snowhuntress, if u don't mind me asking, what area are you staying and how much did it run you? I totally understand if you don't want to broadcast that info. I'll start to plan my trip soon and wanted to get a reference for what a good deal is.

Cheers.

got a newsletter from one of the big operators up there.

20% discount for early bird bookings and they include

Return Airport Transfers

meet and greet small talk service

7 nights accommodation

6 day lift pass

prices from 80K to 120K depending on accomodation size and how many sharing. Sounds like a bargain.

Just found a very interesting article in Snow Action Magazine about Niseko Village opening up Mizuno no Sawa (The Mizuno Gulley) area next season. Has anyone else heard anything like this??

That would be awesome if it is true.

They've been talking about it for years and Niseko Village has been actively carrying out avi control measures for the last few seasons. Because the area is part of a national park they need permission from the parks authority to allow skier access. I haven't heard they'd been given permission yet.

I've heard that it's opening winter 2009/10

30 min, one time safety orientation. Then it's all yours, conditions permitting.

Might have to get an all-mountain pass after all.

Apart from the years and years of begging? Probably the Niseko Village guys finally worked out who they needed to bribe to get it through...