I really thought it was going to be quiet over there next season with the poor economy, winter olympics and poor exchange BUT I don't think it is going any of those things seem to be going to effect Niseko 2010.

We look like having to book later in February as Chinese New Year is later next year.

Hopefully 4 weeks next year.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I already have a huge backlog of quote requests for next season. Well situated properties near the lifts are generally booked out in the peak periods by July, some properties even earlier. I'm talking about western style apartments and houses not hotels and pensions.

Direct or through an agent probably won't make any difference. I'm not aware of any operators offering further discounts to directs that they are not also offering to agents.

It is often worth it going through an agent for the whole package. It is generally only worth it doing it direct if you are able to get discount airfares yourself, otherwise the packages are usually pretty good.

Booking for next season is already in full swing Thurs. I've had many bookings already and still haven't caught up with all the requests. If you want a well placed apartment or house you have to get in early.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm thinking of doing a trip to Niseko in 2010. it'll be my first time there so I had a few questions.

How much would lodging cost for 2 weeks? I realize this depends on the accomodations, but ballpark figures for a hotel, western style apartment and a pension would be cool to compare.

Can you save any money going with a packaged deal for flight+hotel+lift tickets?

Cheers.

Originally Posted By: SantaCruz
I'm thinking of doing a trip to Niseko in 2010. it'll be my first time there so I had a few questions.

How much would lodging cost for 2 weeks? I realize this depends on the accomodations, but ballpark figures for a hotel, western style apartment and a pension would be cool to compare.

Can you save any money going with a packaged deal for flight+hotel+lift tickets?

Cheers.

Accomodation choices are from 5000 to 50,000 a night depending on what you want.

It costed me 30,000 per night for room, brekkie, dinner at a Japanese hotel on the slope.

Thanks for the numbers Thursday, that gives me a good idea of what to expect in terms of lodging. For the price, where you happy with your lodging in terms of the room+accommodations and it's location?

Excellent location, 30 seconds from the Hirafu welcome centre; good food, good service; "hey! I remember you"; onsen in the basement; but the usual tiny room.

In fact, I'll probably stay there again in 2010

Any suggestions for web sites to to find accommodations?

Sorry for all the newb questions smile

I should see if I can talk my boss into letting my work remotely for a few weeks. Sounds like a tall order though =/