• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here's what the sun says

Quote:
KING OF POP Michael Jackson died last night after a massive heart attack.

He collapsed and stopped breathing after an injection of a powerful painkiller named Demerol.

Jacko, 50, was said to be addicted to the drug - similar to morphine and it is feared he took an overdose.

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
Will it actually happen? Hmmm doubt it.

Claim Claim claim!

Sad when anyone is taken before thier time, but gotta say in recent years it has been a bit of a freak show (understatement of the century) - he is best remembered for his musical genius - and perhaps that would have been what he was remembered for if he had passed away 10 years ago, unfortunately now he will be remembered for the cascading freak show that was the past 10 years of his life.

Demerol huh?
Probably to dull the constant pain from the multiple surgeries to transform to a white woman!

Plenty of poor taste Jacko jokes doing the internet rounds today.

I couldn't care less, I didn't know him. Its just like that bint Diana...people crying in the streets...bugger off you didn't even know the guy.

Actaully within about an hour of me leaving the house today the death jokes started pouring in.....prb not the place for them though

Originally Posted By: bobby12
... ie I heard there would be a body double doing it all

So ... there'd be no reason for them not to go ahead, then!

Originally Posted By: bobby12
Personally I think of him as two characters:
- the amazing gifted young genius musician/dancer
- weird freak alleged child molestor who had incredible plastic surgery and hung his kid over a window ledge.

Absolutely spot on! Classic multiple personality. His genius was when he was young, then he began to believe his own publicity. Became one of the world's best known nutters!
Originally Posted By: Wizz
Meanwhile, in Iran.....

No no, there will be none of that. It will be a Jackofest for the next few week.
I feel sorry for Farrah Fawcett with Jacko stealing the lime light and all.
Quote:
Put simply, Jackson was in debt; vast quantities of it. Estimates of how much he owed ranged from a conservative $60 million [£36m] to the astonishing-sounding figure of $500m [£305m] quoted by the Wall Street Journal earlier this month.

Almost everything he owned was leveraged or sold off. Neverland, the ranch near Santa Barbara he'd called home for nearly three decades, had fallen into foreclosure in 2008. Earlier this year it had been sold, in an opaque deal worth $35m to a firm called Colony Capital.

His only remaining assets were his own back catalogue, and a remaining quarter of a tranche of 251 Beatles songs that he'd bought the rights to in the 1980s. But declining revenues from record sales had seriously affected his income.

"The man has been flat-broke for most of the past decade," Diane Dimond, the veteran TV reporter who covered most of Jackson's trials, told The Independent recently. "He's mortgaged everything he owns, and his wealth was always exaggerated anyway. Every penny of income is needed to service income payments on loans."

Unfortunately, even existing was an expensive business. Since the early 1990s, the singer had fallen into the habit of spending between $20 and $30m a year more than he makes. Some paid for $10,000-a-night hotel suites he liked to live in for weeks at a time. Other portions were spent on shopping splurges.

Staff costs, to maintain the often-dodgy entourage that surrounded him, have been estimated at $4m [£2.4m] annually. At the time of his death, he was living in a rented, French-chateau-style house in Los Angeles, which cost $100,000 [£60,000] a month.

Obscene.

He certainly achieved a lot.

Shame it has to be tainted with the madness of the later years.

Those numbers are just crazy. If he was in so much debt, how come he was renting a place that cost $100,000 a month. It just doesn't make any sense in the real world....

....and neither does everyone going out and buying his music just because he's dead!

The fun only begins now

America expects its biggest funeral since Elvis. The world is ready for an outpouring of grief to rival the death of Princess Diana. But as fans of Michael Jackson lit candles outside his former homes, or queued to pay tribute at the Hollywood Walk of Fame, they were greeted instead with the sight of battle lines being drawn over the singer's disputed legacy.

Friends, family and former business associates unveiled legal teams yesterday as they prepare to duke it out over everything from the shady events that led to the King of Pop's sudden death, to the billion-dollar question of how the estate should be divided and who should gain custody of his three children.

Even Jackson's forthcoming burial is the subject of legal wrangles. His parents and eight siblings, who spent the weekend at their home in Encino, are hoping to co-ordinate a private service and public memorial event that would bring hundreds of thousands of mourners to the streets of Los Angeles.

Creating a fitting tribute is proving tricky, however. For reasons that remain murky, Jackson's immediate family have so far had no luck in persuading his former entourage to grant access to his will, the one document that could reveal details of how the performer wished his funeral to be conducted.

In the meantime, several blocks of the city are closed to traffic. Some fans continue to converge on the UCLA Medical Center, where the singer was pronounced dead at 2.26pm on Thursday, but the main focus of public grief shifted to Jackson's "star" on Hollywood Boulevard, where visitors queued in 33C heat to add to the growing ocean of flowers, candles and children's toys.

LA's civic authorities are ready to shut down the surrounding area for a public funeral. The most suitable date for that would be next weekend, which coincides with the annual fireworks and pageantry of the Fourth of July holiday, when America celebrates independence from Britain.

Getting Jackson's affairs organised in time seems ambitious, though. In an interview with his father Joe, People magazine quoted a relative saying: "The family has no access to the will. [Michael's lawyers] won't let the family see it ... The family has no idea what to do. They don't even know when to bury him. They don't know what to do about anything."

Confusion still reigns about events that led to Jackson's death. Until yesterday, the performer was widely reported to have been taken ill at home in Holmby Hills immediately after receiving an injection of Demerol, a synthetic painkiller similar to morphine, from his personal physician, Dr Conrad Murray.

Last night, however, Dr Murray's lawyer denied the charge, saying it was "absolutely false" and telling the Los Angeles Times that he had never "furnished or prescribed" the drug to Jackson or his children, who he had been treating for almost three years.

Jacksons kids not his! omg

Rowe, who married Jackson at the Sheraton Hotel Sydney in November 1996, said she was artificially inseminated by an anonymous donor and likened herself to one of the thoroughbred mares she now keeps on her California ranch.

"I was just the vessel. It wasn't Michael's sperm," Rowe told News of the World.

"I got paid for it, and I've moved on. I know I will never see my children again."

Rowe revealed she and the Thriller singer never had sex and did not share a bed during their three year marriage, describing the union only as a friendship.

WOW......what a shock!

Love this:

The concert promoters for Michael Jackson's planned shows at the O2 Arena in London today offered fans the option of a "specially created" souvenir ticket rather than a refund.

AEG Live said full refunds were available for all legitimately bought tickets, but suggested some fans of the singer, who died on Thursday, would prefer to receive a ticket "inspired and designed by Michael Jackson for the fans" and made with a "special lenticular process". They are not able to have both.