• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Lewisham

On Lee high road above the cobbler

I used to work at the New Cross and Forrest Hill Pools ( Life Guard )before doing my 1st season in Les Carroz.

That was going back a few yeers though 89/90.

Good Times

Seemore

Rob

I would presume

Carlsberg Elephant Beer would be one of your Favorites

Up there with maybe Theakstons Old Peculiar.

They are all a bit heavy for me

Being a light weight and all I am a fan of Bourbon though

Seemore

Don't actually have a favourite beer to be honest - think in Japan, am partial to Kirin, as their brews tend to have some flavour in them. Also like Hitachino from Tochigi, a microbrewery that is picking up in popularity and also Baird's which I think have a bar in Naka-meguro now.

In the UK, tend to drink more continental lagers, such as 1664 or on occasions Carlsberg. Also drink more ales when I'm back, love Guinness and Fullers London Pride and Youngs London Ale, but if there is a seasonal or rare ale on tap, will give it a try if I'm in a decent pub that knows how to keep ales.

Bottled stuff- tend to stick well away from unless I'm travelling around Asia.

Carlsberg is piss as well. I hate how bars here all have Heineken like its some super beer....its piss water!!

I lover Sapporo beer, the Red Star brand is my fave closely followed by Classic and the regular Gold Star brand.

Kilkenny is a quality drop, and of course so is Guinness

whats the deal with the Red Star stuff? Sometimes you can get it everywhere then it disappears for months. Daiei used to sell the big bin bottles of the stuff, then got rid of it and only sell Asahi and Kirin. Right now it seems to be everywhere again....thankfully!