It's difficult to put this into words without sounding somehow insensitive, but although it is unfortunate and sad that this incident turned out this way, it is good that his family can now find closure. Even though the chances were slim, I was holding out hope that this would all turn out differently. It's not my place to say this since I didn't know him personally, but I hope his loved ones can find some comfort in the fact that he was on holiday doing what he loved.

My deepest condolences go out to Scott's family and friends.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Extremely sad to hear, although not entirely unexpected. As others have said, it will at least give the family some sense of closure, although they must have been continuing to hope against hope.

I am sure that the family (and we all) thank everyone who has been involved in any of the searches, in whatever capacity.

I just woke up (working night shift) and saw the news on theaustralian website. just out of interest which lodge was he staying at ?

My heart goes out to all involved in this and least now his family can bring him home.

Lodge was down the road towards the village of Niseko (down the road from the Hirafu area, hang a right at the lights and down that road a bit, then left towards the river) He seems to have gone further that he thought and ended up in the river (some mention a "creek" but I believe it's a bit more than that(.