• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really sad news, let's hope Scott is found, and have this mistery solved! Can't imagine how hard it must be for his family and everyone close to him!

Quite unbelivable how he has just vanished like that!

last season, a guy had enough drink broke into the office building late at night in Hirafu.

That guy broke the window to get in to the building, had a nap and got out from the door in the early morning.

Has anyone search any empty house in town?

I am wissing the best for his family.

I wonder how intoxicated he really was... Did he decide to take a walk because it was such a nice night? In that case, expanding the search parameter 2 km in all direction ...

If there were people around that night and did not see any confrontation, the foul play line becomes pretty organized.. He is 190cm. Then the question is motivation.

In any case, this will stay in back of our heads for sure. This really sucks big time. Sad

Knowing Niseko well I find this just Bizzar, the roads are easy to walk around, the local people are so friendly. I wonder about a freak accident like sitting to close to a building when the snow slid off the roof.

Unfortunatly its not looking good for this young guy on what should have been an excellent holiday, my thoughts go out to the family.

This is truly a sad event. We were in Niseko when Scott went missing.

Our concern, as like others that perhaps he had slipped and head his head, or perhaps fallen in some deep snow and fallen asleep or snow falling off a roof?? Saturday and Sunday were not a pleasant days with high winds and lots of snow - blizzard conditions.

There were Posters for Scott put up all around our hotel by Sunday and there were also posters posted around Niseko.

I TRULY hope he is found safe and sound somewhere pe

GN please keep us updated - THANKS

Terrible thing to have happen. In any town.

I live here, but have not got involved in the search.

The reason for me is it's futile.

IMHO Mr Mckay is unfortunately no longer with us.

With the volume of snow we've had since his disappearance it will be a while before his body is recovered.

My thoughts go out to his family and friends.

Hi Guys,

Chris McCallum here. I would like to echo woongar's sentiments. I'd like to send my thanks to all who have helped look for Scott, and I send my empathy to his family and other friends.

By the way, who is woongar? Do we know each other?

Chris

+-t

We are so sorry to hear of the outcome of Scott's disappearance thus far. We were in Niseko only the week or so before, and also hail from Brisbane, Australia.

It has been covered on the evening news back and Courier Mail, most days. On Triple J radio news every day.

We cannot extend our thoughts and sympathy more to Scott's family, and also his friends who were waiting for his return. We cannot imagine how that must feel.

We are truly sorry.

If nothing else eventuates, what an extremely beautiful place to be.

Enjoy Scott. You obviously will be missed by your family and many friends.

Hey Chris, my name is Josh Capelin. We might have crossed paths before - I know you and Scott are friends. I worked upstairs in the substation with Ben and the gang at Josephmark.

I was in Niseko a few days before the guys arrived so I know the environment. As unlikely as any scenario is, it seems anything is possible. And as mysterious as his dissapearance is, so too might be his return. All we can do is wait and hope for some answers soon.

Depends on the year. Some years the highest depths are recorded in March. Certainly by April it starts going fairly rapidly. Generally most snow in the village is gone by mid May although I have had years where it's lasted into June (bigger snow years than this one).

Um Indo it may not have been brought up on here but yes of course it's been considered by authorities. Truly there's nothing anyone on here could possibly think of that hasn't been thought of already. It's just that there is no evidence to go on to support any theory other than he lost his way and is covered in snow.

GN, I think everyone just wants him found for his family's peace of mind - and I think we all keep checking in every day to see if there is any news.

I think we just keep tossing around idea's to try and get our own heads around how someone can just vanish from Wild Bills.

I know it was conversation over our table today when my family got together for the eldest boys birthday, the whole thing made us stop and think about how precious life is and how much we have to value each and every day we have.

Originally Posted By: Jynxx
I bothers me when someone goes missing. I said to my girl, how can a 190cm Aussie go missing in a place like Niseko and no one sees anything? She says it's easy he doesn't want to be found. It's easy to dismiss that alcohol is a potent drug.. and snowy mountain areas are a dangerous place to be.

Out of respect for Scott's family and friends who are reading this forum it would be wise to keep insensitive comments like what your girl thinks as to the reason why Scott has not been found, left out of the forum.