scott_mckay.jpg

Basically - we are in Niseko. Our mate has gone missing. There are police and volunteer search teams out at the moment looking for him. He was last seen leaving the bar Wild Bills on Friday morning (19th Feb) at around 1am. His Name is Scott McKay, he is 190cm Tall, Australian, with and athletic build.

We are trying to inform as many people as possible – so hopefully someone might have seen him, or have some information of his whereabouts. If you have any information could you please contact myself (details below) or the Niseko Police

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Ben

ben (at) josephmark.com.au

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am no help either sorry, but I wish you all the luck in the world in trying to find your mate and find out what happened...

This can't be easy on you and your travel companions Ben - you have my sympathy's for the distress and concern you are going through right now.

Thank you guys, its a very dark time.

They are conducting further searches for the mobile. But there hasn't been much response from the missing persons posters yet. Hopefully someone (or security camera) caught a gilpse of him.

Thanks agian for the concerns, I will continue to post relevant updates.

Cheers

Originally Posted By: Ben Johnston
Yeah, he left alone. And never turned up at the hostel (Pension Fuu)

Very worrying it being nearly 3 days ago now....

With so many people looking now you would have thought they would definitely have found him if he had fallen over or something like that. Had he met someone that day or in the bar or anything like that you know of? I know you're probably know hearing anything new there... sadface

I was in that bar that night actually and seeing the photo realise I saw this guy. Nothing to help with as it was earlier on. Really hope this turns out good.

What are the police doing/saying?

Hi Ben - I am a close friend of Scott's in Brisbane (Lucinda - Matthew Porter's girlfriend).

Not sure if you received Matt's sms before on this. I haven't heard anything much except from a girl (in a private message) from Perth (headed back today Aus today) who saw him there still when they left at about 12:45pm which doesn't really help as we already knew what time he left.

We are all fingers crossed over here that he is ok and found soon - we don't even want to think about the other possibilities... Keep on with the good work

• SnowJapan Admin

Some people - not messages remaining here I might add - seem to see this worrying story as an excuse/opportunity to spam post links to their websites (of no value to the subject at hand) and get some publicity through that.

It's not, and it's extremely annoying. We will be showing zero tolerance with this.

Rather than angling for some exposure and personal gain, why not put your efforts into trying to help with all this?

That would seem to be the decent thing to do.

Back to topic - wishing you all the very best with finding him soon.