Eyestrain after long periods on the computer

I just read something about some glasses by a company called Gunnar Optiks (easily found) that apparently are really good for people that use a computer screen a lot. They are not prescription (I don't need presc. for computer but you might be able to get them) but apparently is effective in reducing eyestrain. I'm interested in this, anyone know of them or anything similar?

Quote:
GUNNAR i-AMP lens technology is the result of intensive study and research on the human optical system and its interaction with digital devices.

Based on optometric principals developed over years, and fused with the most recent in technological advances from the GUNNAR tech labs, i-AMP lens technology works with and enhances the properties of the human eye.

Comprised of a proprietary lens material in an advanced geometry and finished with custom tuned lens tint and coatings, i-AMP lens technology can deliver an immediate and noticeable visual advantage in the short term, and provide both performance and protection in the long term.

Cheers

Well, actually I got some given to me as a present at Christmas. And, I like them. I am in front of screens all day and I don't know the science etc, but I do (perhaps imagine) a bit less eye-strain. And they look quite cool too.

I might try some, for the PC and also for the excessive use of fluoro lights in this country. I have been in rooms with 50 lights - a combo of spotlights, downlights, fluoro lights, alcove lights.

Ergonomically clueless and tiring on the peepers.

Yes all that fluoro really gets me too.

I like a living room (or restaurant) to be dimly lit and have some atmoshpere. Here, it's sometimes like the opposite.

I'd like to try these out as well, interesting.