Matt is likely not reading any of this because he's THERE!!! (Lucky bugger, he is!)

Hope he gets a huge dump and has a ball (I suspect the last will be a given, hope the dump happens, though).

Actually right now im slightly intoxicated in my hotel in tokyo. Sadly i had macdonalds as my welcome to japan meal but then again after 11hours of travel i couldnt be arsed looking for food and "testing" the local cuisine. I feel bad cause of my mate and all but the rest of us are chomping the bit to get to the snow sunday morning after seeing 0cm of fresh snow fall in hakuba....very enthused lol.

If anyone on these forums is in Hakuba over the next 2 weeks and wants to catch up...pm me!!!

Very excitedly - Matt.

Enjoy Matt,

It sucks when you get injured before a trip (or during!) - we had the same for January 08 when Papabear had only recently given up the crutches after his ACL repair from a Rugby bottom of scrum pack (did I say that right...?)incident.

He still came, but he was a village dweller and he was like a (papa)bear with a sore head the whole time.

Friend of mine hurt her neck before a girls trip in July (just 3 of us going), and Dr's orders was absolutely NO skiing .... she also still came and spent the days in the day spa and the nights partying with us - but again it sucked.

I dunno whether it is worse to not go, or to go and not ski/board...

Any ski trip you don't take is one you'll never get back (sorta like the old ... story) so go go go GO! and make us all jealous with an awesome TR.

My second day ever on the snow and i did my first rail...so happy. I've wiped out badly a few times and nearly joined my mate in the hospital after a particularly bad head smack. Best fun ever etc etc. By my low standards the weather has been great as well.

Not looking forward to writing a TR but that's because it means its over!!!!