I went down to the travel agent yesterday and booked my trip to good ole' Niseko. I'll be arriving in Niseko on the 10 Jan and I'll be there for four weeks.

One of things that have changed this time is that it is now cheaper to get all mountain passes so I'll probably get an all mountain pass for three weeks and a Hirafu only pass for the first week while i get my powder legs back! \:D

Can't wait!!!!!!!

Bring it on!!

woohoo.gif woohoo.gif woohoo.gif

i just realised i've applied for hols to do the hokkin thing over my GFs birthday....

i was away boarding last year on her birthday too.

but s'not my fault she has a birthday during primo slide time wakaranai.gif

see ya there big boy!! \:D \:D

Talisker - it was Peter Murphy from Snowave. I got two quotes from them. One for 2 weeks Hirafu and two weeks all mtn and then one with 1 week Hirafu and 3 weeks all mtn. The price difference is a couple of hundred i think. He said that it still isn't cheap, but it is better than it was last season. They still only issue week long passes and just re-issue them each week.

Ender - I'm staying at the Snowave Chalet. It would be sweet to hook up with you up there dude.

Mika - I'm sure your GF will forgive you. And if she really cares for she will be happy for you to do what you love and enjoy the sweet sweet powder. ;\) \:D

it is truew they are offering a week long pass but i am pretty sure they will be offering an upgrade service so that you can just go to the ticket booth pay a little extra and get that day all mountain....three weeks all mountain - have you been there before!!!!!!

Apparently it would end up being more expensive if I upgraded the pass over there. I'm not 100% sure if I'm going to get the all mtn for 3 weeks or not. I've heard mixed things about the terrain there but it would be nice to give it a bash.

I was up there last year but only rode Hirafu. An all mtn pass wasn't option for us last year.

I am pretty sure that an upgrade will be available. The problem with the all mountain pass is the weather. If you get a week pass but for four of the days you can't get across due to poor conditions you may be kicking yourself.

There is some good terrain, but mostly patrol are nazis - that's why most people prefer Hirafu.

ONe of the best things about hirafu though is summer...