Happy families (dad 13, mum 14)

Quote:
BOY dad Alfie Patten yesterday admitted he does not know how much nappies cost — but said: I think it’s a lot.

Baby-faced Alfie, who is 13 but looks more like eight, became a father four days ago when his girlfriend Chantelle Steadman gave birth to 7lb 3oz Maisie Roxanne.

He told how he and Chantelle, 15, decided against an abortion after discovering she was pregnant.

The shy lad, whose voice has not yet broken, said: I thought it would be good to have a baby.

I didn’t think about how we would afford it. I don’t really get pocket money. My dad sometimes gives me 10 pounds.

SNN1305AA-380_732314a.jpg

Alfie, who is just 4ft tall, added: When my mum found out, I thought I was going to get in trouble. We wanted to have the baby but were worried how people would react. I didn’t know what it would be like to be a dad. I will be good, though, and care for it.

Alfie’s dad Dennis told how the lad does not really understand the enormity of his situation — but seemed desperate to be a devoted and responsible father.

Oh dear.
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: gareth_oau
legally speaking, theyre both paedophiles - baby up for adoption and throw em both in jail!! lol

yeah not actually gareth. In fact it would be if the ages were reversed, he was 15 and she 13...at least in Britain anyway, but there would only be a prosecution if the legal guardians of the girl wanted to press charges. As it is now I'm pretty sure there is no legal culpability
Quote:
Alfie's 45-year-old father Dennis, who reportedly has eight other children, said his son wanted to be a devoted and responsible dad, and had wanted to be the first to hold his daughter. "He could have shrugged his shoulders and sat at home on his PlayStation. But he has been at the hospital every day," he said.

Only 8 others?
Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
Originally Posted By: gareth_oau
legally speaking, theyre both paedophiles - baby up for adoption and throw em both in jail!! lol

yeah not actually gareth. In fact it would be if the ages were reversed, he was 15 and she 13...at least in Britain anyway, but there would only be a prosecution if the legal guardians of the girl wanted to press charges. As it is now I'm pretty sure there is no legal culpability

There was an unrelated article in the local aussie press recently that a boy of 15 who'd had consentual sex with his 15 yr old girlfiend had been placed on the sex offenders register

and sometimes we wonder why the officials arent focussing on real criminals? (not like there arent many unsolved crimes out there!!!)
Quote:
"Yesterday at least two other youths claimed they were the father, forcing Alfie, now 13, to say he would take a DNA test to prove his paternity.

But trainee chef Richard Goodsell, 16, who lives near Chantelle in Eastbourne, claimed he had sex at least three times with Chantelle around the time she became pregnant, adding: 'I know I could be the father.
'Everyone thinks I am. My friends all tell me that baby has my eyes - even my mum thinks so.'
A second youth, 14-year-old Tyler Barker, also thinks he could be Maisie's father.
'I slept with Chantelle about nine months ago and I'm really worried I could be the father,' he said.
'I hope it's not me. All my mates have been teasing me about it but this isn't funny, it's serious.'

Turning into a right little drama this one.

LOL klingdon.

in 1960, a movie called Sparticus, set in the Roman Empire days. Sparticus was a rebelious slave and champion fighter.

sparticus leads some rebels against the authority, and the rebels are defeated. the leading authority offers impunity to anyone who identifies sparticus. One by one, all of sparticus' soldiers stand up and shout "i'm Sparticus" so they are virtually all cricified.

the reference to Brian (and his wife) is a parody of the Sparticus scene in the monty python movie "Life of Brian" (which i believe the be the world's best ever movie!)