• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She grew a chest.

Anyhow that was surprising I suppose even though Dannys votes were likely to go to Kris more than Adam. I'm sure it won't hurt Adams chances though, will be interesting to see what he comes up with.

they keep changing to keep it dynamic. 2 seasons ago, it was musical instrument talent. People like Brooke White got in 'cos of her piano playing, singer songwriter.

This season, they lowered the bar, no instrument necessary, just talent. Lokks like they goofed again.

Rules:

If you advance to the semi-final round(s) of the competition (currently scheduled for January 2010), you MUST be able to demonstrate to the satisfaction of the Producer at that time that you do not have any of the following agreements in effect (written or oral):

· a contract for talent representation (for example, a talent agent or manager);

· a music recording contract;

· an agreement relating to the use of your name, voice and/or likeness;

· an exclusive acting contract; and/or

· any other contractual arrangement that, in Producer’s sole discretion, would prohibit you from fully participating in the show and/or entering into any contracts required by Producer, including an exclusive management contract, recording contract and merchandising contract.

Release:

In full and complete consideration of American Idol Productions, Inc. (“Producerâ€) possibly including me as a

participant in Season 9 of the television series entitled “AMERICAN IDOL†including, but not be limited to, the interview,

audition, and elimination processes (the “Programâ€) and without any further consideration due from Producer or any third

party to me, and with the understanding that Producer, in its sole discretion may choose whether or not to include me in

the Program, or broadcast my appearance in the Program, if any, I hereby agree as follows.

I grant to Producer and its successors, licensees and assigns, the irrevocable right, but not the obligation, with or

without my knowledge, to film, tape and/or photograph, record, exhibit, edit and otherwise use my appearance, name,

likeness, voice, singing voice, conversation, sounds and biographical data on or in connection with the Program in any

manner in Producer’s sole election and discretion, which use shall not entitle me to receive any compensation whatsoever.

I agree that Producer is the sole owner of all results and proceeds of such film, tape, photography and/or recording and my

appearance thereon, with the right for Producer and its successors, assigns, and licensees, forever and throughout the

universe, to use the same and any portion thereof in any and all media, whether now known or hereafter devised,

including, without limitation, motion pictures, television and publishing, and in connection with the advertising, sale,

promotion, marketing, merchandising (including slot machines), distribution, publicizing and all other types of exploitation

of the Program or any part thereof, or in any manner whatsoever. Producer shall also have the unrestricted right to edit

the content and text of the Program in any manner or form.

In addition to the rights granted elsewhere in this Release, I understand and agree that if my appearance, name,

likeness, voice, singing voice, conversation, sounds and/or biographical data is used in connection with the Program, I may

be required, in consideration of Producer possibly including my appearance, name, likeness, voice, singing voice,

conversation, sounds and/or biographical data in the Program, and at Producer’s election, to enter into the following

agreements with Producer and/or Producer’s designee(s), the terms of which shall be subject to good faith negotiation: (a)

an agreement for the management of my career in the entertainment industry (including, but not limited to, my acting,

singing, songwriting, or other services); and (B) an agreement for the use of my name, voice, conversation, likeness and

biography in connection with advertising, endorsements, merchandising, and/or sponsorships. I understand and agree

that such agreements shall become fully effective only at the election of Producer and/or Producer’s designee(s), which

election shall occur on or before that date which is three (3) months from the date of the initial broadcast of the final

episode of the Program for this Season (the “Election Periodâ€).

I understand that if I am asked to audition for one (1) or more of the semi-final rounds of the competition (currently

scheduled for January 2010), I will be required to demonstrate to the satisfaction of Producer prior to such participation

that I am not a party to any agreement with a talent agent or manager; a music recording contract (either alone or as a

member of a group); an agreement relating to the use of my name, voice and/or likeness; an exclusive acting contract; or

any other contractual arrangement (written or oral) that, in Producer’s sole discretion, would prohibit me from participating

fully in the show and/or entering into any contracts required by Producer, including an exclusive management contract,

recording contract and merchandising contract. In addition, I will be required to represent and warrant to Producer that I

will not enter into any such agreement(s) during the Election Period, without Producer’s prior written consent. I

acknowledge that Producer may require me to sign further documents as a condition of my participation in the Program.

I understand that I may reveal, and other parties may reveal, information about me that is of a personal, private,

embarrassing or unfavorable nature, which information may be factual and/or fictional. I further understand that my

appearance, depiction and/or portrayal in the Program may be disparaging, defamatory, embarrassing or of an otherwise

unfavorable nature which may expose me to public ridicule, humiliation or condemnation. I acknowledge and agree that

Producer shall have the right to (a) include any or all such information and appearances, depictions or portrayals in the

Program as edited by Producer in its sole discretion, and (B) broadcast and otherwise exploit the Program containing any

or all such information and appearances, depictions or portrayals in any manner whatsoever in any and all media now

known or hereafter devised, or for any other purpose, throughout the universe in perpetuity.

In the event I perform or display any original material on the Program written or otherwise controlled by me (for

example, music, choreography, photography, lyrics, clothing, etc., collectively called the “Materialâ€), I hereby grant to

Producer, without charge, the rights necessary to perform and/or display the Material on the Program and the rights

required to exploit the Program and the ancillary rights therein, inclusive of the Material, in any and all media now known or

hereafter devised, and for any other purpose, throughout the universe in perpetuity.

I agree to follow all of Producer’s rules, directions and instructions in all matters relating to the Program, which rules

are subject to change at Producer’s sole discretion. I will accept any and all decisions of Producer on discretionary

matters (including but not limited to the audition process and contestant selection) as final and acknowledge that the

interests of the Program shall override those of any participant. I agree that my selection to audition is within Producer’s

sole discretion and that Producer is not obligated to grant me an audition, regardless of my place in the audition line. In

the event I am granted an audition, I agree that my selection as a contestant for the Program is within Producer’s sole

discretion and that Producer is not obligated to select me. I acknowledge that Producer reserves the right, exercisable at

any time in its sole discretion, to disqualify me from the Program should I at any stage supply untruthful, inaccurate or

misleading personal information, fail to abide by the rules or regulations of the Program, or for any other reason or for no

Page 2 of 3

reason at all. If I am selected, I agree that Producer is not obligated to have me appear on, or to broadcast my

appearance on, the Program and may disqualify me at any time in its sole discretion.

If I am under 18 years of age, I understand and agree that my parent or legal guardian and I must sign each of the

forms and that my parent or legal guardian and I will cooperate with Producer in having such forms court approved, if

necessary. I recognize that Producer is relying on my representations herein and that a breach by me hereunder would

cause Producer irrevocable injury and damage that cannot be reasonably or adequately compensated by damages in an

action at law; and, therefore, I hereby expressly agree that Producer shall be entitled to injunctive and other equitable relief

to prevent and/or cure any breach or threatened breach of this Release by me.

I hereby release, discharge, and hold harmless Producer, its assignees, licensees, agents, and affiliates, Fox

Broadcasting Company (“Networkâ€), Fox Digital Media, FremantleMedia North America, Inc., 19 TV Limited., CKX, Inc.,

Sony Music Entertainment, Telescope, Inc., AT&T Mobility, LLC, Coca-Cola, Ford Motor Company, Apple Inc.,

www.fox.com, www.americanidol.com, television broadcasting stations, advertising agencies, and any and all others

connected with the Program, and each of their related parent companies, subsidiaries and/or affiliated companies, and the

officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of the foregoing (collectively, the “Released Partiesâ€),

from any and all liability or claims arising out of or in any way resulting from my participation in the Program and the use or

reuse of my appearance, name, voice, singing voice, likeness and/or biographical information and I agree not to make any

claim against Producer or the Released Parties as a result of my participation in the Program and in connection with any

use or reuse of my appearance, name, voice, singing voice, conversation, likeness and/or biographical information

(including, without limitation, any claim based upon defamation or invasion of privacy and/or publicity). In addition, I agree

to indemnify Producer and the other Released Parties and to hold each of them harmless from any and all liability, claim,

action, damage, expense (including reasonable attorneys fees), and loss of any kind caused by or arising out of any

statement, action or failure to act by me during or in connection with my participation in the Program. In no event shall I

have any right to injunctive or other equitable relief against any of the Released Parties in connection with the Program.

I acknowledge that there is a possibility that after my execution of this Release, I will discover facts or incur or suffer

claims which were unknown or unsuspected at the time this Release was executed and which, if known by me at that time,

may have materially affected my decision to execute this Release. I acknowledge and agree that by reason of this

Release, I am assuming any risk of such unknown facts and such unknown and unsuspected claims. I have been advised

of the existence of Section 1542 of the California Civil Code, which provides:

A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR

SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM

MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.

Notwithstanding such provision, this Release shall constitute a full release in accordance with its terms. I knowingly and

voluntarily waive the provisions of Section 1542, as well as any other statute, law or rule of similar effect.

I affirm that neither I nor anyone acting for me gave or agreed to give anything of value to any member of the

production staff, anyone associated in any manner with Producer, or any representative of any television network or station

for Producer’s undertakings hereunder. I understand that Producer’s policy prohibits such payments, and I further

understand that it is a federal offense, unless disclosed to Producer prior to broadcast, for any such arrangement or my

acceptance or agreement to accept anything of value to promote any product, service or venture on the air. I am also

aware that it is an offense to use any prepared material containing such a promotion where I know the writer received

consideration for it and fail to disclose this to Producer prior to broadcast. I shall notify Producer immediately if any person

attempts to induce me to violate the foregoing or to do anything dishonest.

I warrant that I have the full, complete and unrestricted right and authority to enter into this Release. If I am not at least

18 years of age, I agree to have my parent sign this Release in the space below. I am not a candidate for public office. I

agree that my appearance on the Program, if any, shall not be deemed to be a performance and is not employment under

any collective bargaining agreement or performing arts guild (including but not limited to AFTRA and SAG) and does not

entitle me to wages, salary, residuals, corporate or other benefits (as for example, pension, health and welfare benefits) or

other compensation under any such collective bargaining agreement or otherwise.

I agree and understand that this Release shall be deemed entered into in Los Angeles County, California, and that it

shall be governed by and interpreted under the laws of California and by the courts of Los Angeles County. I agree not to

disclose or discuss events related to the Program, or authorize any third party to do the same, without the prior written

approval of Producer and Network. I shall not directly or indirectly issue or permit the issuance of any publicity whatsoever

with respect to the Program or my appearance in connection therewith. I shall not use the name of the Program in any

way at any time without Producer’s prior written approval in each instance.

You must be able to prove at the time of your registration and audition that:

· You are a legal U.S. citizen or a permanent U.S. resident who is eligible to work full-time in the United

States; and

· You are 16 to 28 years old on June 12, 2009 (which means you must be born on or between June 13,

1980 and June 12, 1993). If you were born before or after this window, you are not eligible to

participate this season.

You are ineligible to participate if you progressed in any previous season of American Idol® to any of the

following levels:

· Season 1 – top 30 contestants

· Season 2 – top 32 contestants

· Season 3 – top 36 contestants

· Season 4 – top 44 contestants

· Season 5 – top 44 contestants

· Season 6 – top 40 contestants

· Season 7 – top 24 contestants

· Season 8 – top 36 contestants

If you are asked to audition for one (1) or more of the semi-final rounds of the competition (currently

scheduled for January 2010), you MUST be able to demonstrate to the satisfaction of Producer at that time

that you do not have any of the following agreements in effect (written or oral):

· a contract for talent representation (for example, a talent agent or manager);

· a music recording contract;

· an agreement relating to the use of your name, voice and/or likeness;

· an exclusive acting contract; or

· any other contractual arrangement that would prohibit you from fully participating in the show and/or

entering into any contracts required by Producer, including an exclusive management contract,

recording contract and merchandising contract.

Neither you nor any of your immediate family members (spouse, ex-spouse, parents, siblings, children,

step-children) or members of your household (whether or not related to you) are current employees, directors,

officers, independent contractors, agents, or representatives of 19 Recordings Limited, 19

Merchandising Limited, 19 Management Limited, or 19 TV Limited (collectively, the “19 Companiesâ€), Fox

Broadcasting Company, Fox Digital Media, American Idol Productions, Inc., CKX, Inc., FremantleMedia

North America, Inc., Sony Music Entertainment, Telescope Inc., www.fox.com, www.americanidol.com,

or their respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliated companies, or any of their respective licensees,

successors or assigns; CBS Television City Studios or any other person or entity connected with the

production, administration or judging of the auditions or the Program; any television station or channel, cable

network, or satellite network that may air or otherwise exhibit the Program or any variation thereof; any person

or entity involved in the development, production, distribution, or other exploitation of the Program or any

variation thereof; any sponsor of the Program (including, but not limited to Coca-Cola, AT&T Mobility,

LLC, Ford Motor Company or Apple Inc.) or its or their advertising agency; or any person or entity supplying

services or prizes to the Program. In addition, to the best of your knowledge, you do not know anyone who is

Page 2 of 5

now, or has been in the past two (2) years an employee or independent contractor of any of the entities

described in this paragraph. Producer reserves the right to remove from the Program any person (including

you) it determines, in its sole discretion, is sufficiently connected with the Program or any of the entities

described in this paragraph such that such person’s participation in the Program could create the

appearance of impropriety.

William Hung was that loser who Simon put down in the audition with: "you can't dance, you can't sing and you look like a retard etc..."

William just said, "I have no regrets, I gave it my best shot"

He was then catapulted into the headlines and got marriage proposals from weirdo chicks all over the states.

Then his mother forced him to come back to HK and milk the media here. He lasted 2 commercials before people saw he was actually a retard.

• 1 month later...

Whats all this "announcing things on Twitter"? Simply can't see the attraction with that thing confused

American Idol judge Paul Abdul has quit the hugely influential TV singing talent show, announcing her decision on Twitter.

In a flurry of messages on the micro-blogging site last night, the onetime pop singer said she would not return for the ninth season of the show.

“With sadness in my heart, I’ve decided not to return to Idol.

“I’ll miss nurturing all the new talent, but most of all being a part of a show that I helped from day 1 become an international phenomenon.

“What I want to say most, is how much I appreciate the undying support and enormous love that you have showered upon me."

A judge since the show launched in 2002, her departure has surprised her co-stars on the internationally syndicated Fox programme.

Host Ryan Seacrest responded to her announcement with his own Twitter message.

“About to go to sleep when I started seeing my blackberry blow up. I have read what u have read and I am shocked and saddened about Paula.â€

“Idol and the cast have grown with each other over the last 8 seasons. I can't imagine the panel without Paula. She's a star and a great friend.â€

Fox moved quickly to stress that the decision was Abdul’s rather than the TV giant’s.