Always better when someone else reads and tell you how to do things. Ready manuals is pesky.

As to Windows 7, one of the older PCs in our office has it going (the RC). Seems pretty good, though I must admit to never really getting excited with OSs.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

been on windows 7 (english os version) here for about 7-8 months. Not a single problem with it since switching over. The 64bit version will handle over 3gb of ram but the size of the o/s is extremely large. I still prefer the 32bit as most applications are still built for it.

Not free thursday, but if you know the right person, it is easy to get a copy of it.

I still have xp 64 bit on the main rig but I have vista on the laptop (which I got just over 3 weeks ago) I just ordered the upgrade (free but I had to pay for the postage which was under $30 AUD)

Originally Posted By: thursday
oh no, why didn't you wait for 7

I needed a laptop for a programing project I was starting.. it's no big deal. it dose what is says on the side of the tin

Seems like the in-place upgrade from like to like Vista seems pretty painless.

Though having to do a clean install from XP is a tough one. So much work involved.

I can understand why a clean install is better than an in-place one, but from what I have read the in-place results are pretty much the same as the clean in reality.

I did an inplace upgrade yesterday from Vista to 7.

Very easy. No issues and 7 looks really quite good. Printer and all other things I have attached work without any problems as far as I can see.

thumbsup

Well played around with it for a few hours today. Not one problem! All my software and hardware is working ok. Seems really nice actually. Don't know if I'd want to pay lots of cash for it, but looks good and seems to work good. Lots more exploring to do but I'm happy with it.

Actually came across this and had me rolling. lol rollabout

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbJGzyYV_X8&feature=player_embedded#

epic tv fail

word to the wise, always have a backup machine when showcasing a new product, and a tech guy on hand doh slap.

Looks like the driver for the touch screen either stopped responding or became corrupted=no touch screen function.

But for all wondering, windows 7 is an extremely stable platform. But, there are still issues with drivers and software that wont install properly from vista or xp. Overall it is a major improvement over vista. Simple google usually brings up solutions on how to fix or workaround these issues