• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

thinking about buying a new laptop here in Japan actually, and am kinda worried about this OS language issue. has anyone bought the OS here in Japan or bought a computer in Japan with OS 7 and been able to get it into English? I can read Japanese so it's not an issue of being able to use it, but when I go back to the states it'd be nice to be able to switch it to English in case I need to have it looked at or something.

If you get Windows 7 Ultimate, you can download the English language files easily and switch to English. Very simple.

If you get any other Windows 7 (ie. not the Ultimate version), you can still do it (though perhaps this is naughty) using something called Vistalizator (easy to find it on search) and then do it that way. It works, my Home Premium is in English that way.

wave

Originally Posted By: 7-11
Spent a few weeks with it, really like it.
Perhaps this is what Vista should have been but whatever.

The same comment comes through over and over, especially from novice users - so it MUST be true!

Akshully 62 next April. Old enough to have been paid in Pounds, shillings and pence Or LSD as they were called.

Learned to ski at 49, and just cannot get enough now! Missing out this Northern winter because the exchange rates for our last January trip meant that the costs were about double what we'd budgeted for. Saving! Saving! so we can get back again Jan 2011.

• 5 months later...