And it is! Even people who hated Vista seem to be admitting that Windows 7 is good.

Anyone download and install the free beta?

Might give it a go myself actually.

I wonder if they'll give Vista users a nice discount. Or, perhaps, give it away. wink

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, right!! wink

And to top it all off, Uncle Bill will give his fortune away to be divided equally amongst the first 10000 people to install Win7 over blister.

Believe that?? Then, I have a very nice, barely used, just out of warranty bridge across Sydney Harbour I could practically give away. stir

Originally Posted By: kokodoko
hmm, i am very interested in a fairly new bridge.

Why? You got a fairly decent one across to Stockton already. Where would you put another one?
  • 3 months later...

If you "shake" a window, all the others disappear.

Not sure if this is top of the feature list, but.....

Going to try this on my pc at home I think for the laughs.

What happens when it's released though does the computer using this version stop working or ask you to pay for a licence or what?

• 1 month later...

I see the pre-release order @ 50% of the total release cost was snapped up and ended early in Japan. Wonder how many they sold in that offer.

Unfortunately it looks like only the Ultimate edition does the different languages.

Originally Posted By: IIIII
Unfortunately it looks like only the Ultimate edition does the different languages.

I'm surprised by this. You should be able to buy a most of the versions in Japanese. Windows ships in a boatload of different langauges.

What is it you're looking for?

I know what IIII means.

Only the Ultimate edition, I believe, will have support for all the different languages. Just like Vista. If you get Japanese version of Vista, you can't change the OS language to English. You need the Ultimate version to be able to do that.

Officially anyway.

Reading details is fun

Note

The Display language section will only be visible if you have already installed a LIP or if your edition of Windows supports MUI. MUI packs are only available in Windows Vista Ultimate and Windows Vista Enterprise