well, he is fascinated by traditional tattoo's as I said, and in both cultures full body tattoo's are very common..even in modern NZ alot of the mauri and pacific islander male's still get their "initiation" tattoo's when they grow up, showing heritage and family bonds etc..

Both him and me are very interested in tattoo's (although he is more obsessed with it than me razz ).. Im not that much into full body ones..but as I said..i'll be starting my left sleeve this year and continue work on my right one and my chest piece which atm is only covering the left breast part.

I enjoy getting the tattoo's (although during the tattooing it can be fairly grueling pain, esp when i got my lower left abdomen right beside the hip hehe..) and sitting with my tattoist and thinking up new ones and how they are connected to me and my ideas... For me it's mainly for myself that I get them, although I do feel good when others remark on them and the quality of the inking..but i don't really go out of my way to show off as I know several friends who do.

oh,and on the same subject..Other body mods like piercings and implants are fine at onsen/sento in general right?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
and pacific islander male's still get their "initiation" tattoo's when they grow up, showing heritage and family bonds etc..

Interesting. How old are they when they get that? Do they have a choice?

A young man truly in love with his girlfriend decided to have her name tattooed on his penis, her name was Wendy, and the tattoo was done while the penis was erect, so when it was not erect all you could see was W Y. Shortly after the couple was married and they were honeymooning in Jamaica, the man was in a bathroom in Jamaica, and standing next to him was a Jamaican man who also had a W Y on his penis.

The American said to him "Oh is your girl named Wendy too?"

The Jamaican replied, "No, Mon that says, 'Welcome To Jamaica Have a Nice Day'".

uhm,exact age i'd have to look up..but i think when they turn 16,then 18 are the first ones.. and sure,they "do have a choice" ..atleast nowadays it's more tradition than a must, but i'm sure some families still hold strictly to it. But still alot of them do it because of their own beliefs.

Originally Posted By: thursday
A young man truly in love with his girlfriend decided to have her name tattooed on his penis, her name was Wendy, and the tattoo was done while the penis was erect, so when it was not erect all you could see was W Y. Shortly after the couple was married and they were honeymooning in Jamaica, the man was in a bathroom in Jamaica, and standing next to him was a Jamaican man who also had a W Y on his penis.

The American said to him "Oh is your girl named Wendy too?"

The Jamaican replied, "No, Mon that says, 'Welcome To Jamaica Have a Nice Day'".

well..regarding penis tattoo's... http://www.lavenderlounge.com/blog/images/dragon4.jpg
DEF NSFW!