Me too even though it's still stinking hot out there, it will soon be cool enouhg to go camping near the ocean comfortably. Then autumn kicks in and I start to get really excited.

Basically I like anytime between mid-Sept and the start of the rainy season. I even like summer if I can get out swimming.

where do you usually go ski Sachiko?

Im always excited about skiing - I think all my students are sick of me talking about it but its all I think about really. I need a summer sport I can do inland (all my summer sports involve the ocean but I now live miles from the sea)

• 2 weeks later...

I dug it up

Quote:
I got three choices to pick from

first Gifu

second Nagono

third Sapporo or Hoikaido I can't remember

I really want to get out skiing but am not sure how much cause I have some depts to pay.

Any other Jets on this forum paying depts and skiing. I would like to know how much you can save while skiing 4 or 5 times a month

I have the same problem saving as you - once I get going one thing leads to another, next thing you know you need a van full of audio and a full set of B/C gear to survive.

Where in Hokkaido are you going? when are you going?

Now I have realized that skiing in Japan is pretty much the same price as skiing in Canada. So if I was able to ski 30-40 times a year in Canada living below poverty I think if I keep the same student budget as I did at home I will be able to do it.

In two months I have already saved for the winter ski trip and sent a fair amount of money home. Now I just have to save for entertainment and the rest of the winter.

Pretty easy if you eat tofu and drink at home before going to the bar.

I am going to Niseko from 12/21-1/11

It is probrably the expensive time but as I teach in the public school system I have to take holidays when there is no school.

Quote:
Originally posted by snowboard_freak:
How about 4 weeks Ocean?
Bastards! How can you do this to me?
(But, at least I'll have a pension when I'm an old git on a snowboard... And sf, it's not surprising your ankle hurts and sfg is ready to pass you up for a ball player.)

That is of course assuming that you are able to snowboard when you are an old git.

If sfg desires a ball player then I'll go after a cute little dedicated snowboard gal. Although I can't see sfg going anywhere in the near future.

As for the ankle - it's a small price to pay for something you love! \:D