do u want to buy this year's model? if yes, i'd say it's surely going to be cheaper in Aus. if no, then there are great deals on last year's models. this late in the season you'll need to know where to look though... i've bought a couple of boards from rakuten.com but you'll need to be able to read japanese... what kind of board are you looing for? if you're quite big or tall you it might be difficult to find the best board size for u!

Nah, I don't necessarily need the latest model. I just don't have one these days, as I don't snowboard in OZ (does anyone after having lived in Japan before?). I gave away my old board when I came back. I know where to go in Tokyo (Ochamomizu etc) and will also check out rakuten with a friend when I arrive. Tnx

After almost having a heart attack at the prices of everything, including boarding kit in Tokyo, I eventually settled on a 09 K2 Dutchess (display model) and 09 Burton Lexa bindings for 52000 YEN at Versus (one of the side streets on right if walking from Ogawamachi to Jimbocho subway). Seemed like an OK deal.

London Sport (also near Ogawamchi subway) has some very cheap last season boards (around 17000 YEN). Can't remember what exactly but some Salamon, Ride, K2 and others. Generally looked to be lots of shorter boards, and a fair few girls boards. Lots of other cheap gear (bindings, boots etc) at London Sport too.