I have been training for my trip and cut right down on alcohol. After having 1 beer I woke with an incredible hangover NOT HAPPY.

My girlfriend informed me that I wasn't piss fit and if I didn't want to suffer hangovers when I was in Japan I needed to get piss fit. So I started 1/2 a beer a night and you know what she was right NO MORE HANGOVERS. So now I am ski fit and piss fit for my JAPOW ADVENTURE!!! lol

Originally Posted By: snowhuntress
I have been training for my trip and cut right down on alcohol. After having 1 beer I woke with an incredible hangover NOT HAPPY.

1 beer??? and you call yourself an Aussie???

(wasn't XXXX was it... that stuff would cause a hangover just looking at it! wink )

LOL!

I have been hammering the Gluhweins, but as one who doesnt drink often or heavily I usually suffer....nup, not this time ---- reckon I am burning the alcohol right off again. However a nice mug of booze is keeping me going and dulling the pain, I think I cracked a rib! QQ

Youll be right Snowhuntress! No pain no gain. A bit of adrenalin in the morning and that hangover disappears pretty fast!

The thing I've always found, is Australian beers have too many preservatives in them. I only have to have a sip of said swill (VB,XXXX, Crown etc) and I start getting a head ache/dizzy, whereas I can have 3 european beers (with a higher alcohol %) and not feel like rubbish.

Some of tasmanian breweries like Boags and Cascade are a little better (doesn't affect so badly, but still does a little), but I would still rather pay the extra couple of bucks and get something that doesn't give me a blinding headache.

Originally Posted By: Sciclone
The thing I've always found, is Australian beers have too many preservatives in them. I only have to have a sip of said swill (VB,XXXX, Crown etc) and I start getting a head ache/dizzy, whereas I can have 3 european beers (with a higher alcohol %) and not feel like rubbish.

Some of tasmanian breweries like Boags and Cascade are a little better (doesn't affect so badly, but still does a little), but I would still rather pay the extra couple of bucks and get something that doesn't give me a blinding headache.

Sciclone, my friend, sounds like you need...
coopers.jpg

Spot the Kebab!!!

I've had coopers before over at a friends house, but wasn't my cup of tea (not totally horrid, but still gave me a head ache by the end of the first). I've given most of the smaller more well known breweries a crack (including Snowy Mountains Brewery when at Perisher), but I still go for my euro's first...