Bought a pair of Burton-brand gloves last year in Jimbocho. I can't believe it, but they're already falling apart. Especially the finger-tips--the top layer is peeling away...

I guess I can't trust brand-names anymore... Can anyone recommend what kind of gloves I should get as replacements? I need to get them before my next trip on the 24th...

Thanks in advance!

i bought some northface dual layer gloves (water and wind proof outer with seperate inner gloves) they have been great, lasted 3 years so far...havea few scuffs and marks from trees etc but are holding up well! colombia also sell really good gloves too...

Originally Posted By: Chilulu
Bought a pair of Burton-brand gloves last year in Jimbocho. I can't believe it, but they're already falling apart. Especially the finger-tips--the top layer is peeling away...

I guess I can't trust brand-names anymore... Can anyone recommend what kind of gloves I should get as replacements? I need to get them before my next trip on the 24th...

Thanks in advance!

really? my burton gloves usually last about 3 seasons of hard riding.(RPM's). My AK 3l mitts lasted 5 seasons. I'm now in the second year of a new pair. Also using Yeti's this year and they are pretty sick

I use undergloves (gloves that go under the sleeve) for regular resort riding and overmitts for pow.

Buying gloves is all about personal preference. I don't like fleece inside my gloves as my hands get sweaty. Others might need fleece if their hands get cold easily.

Just go to a store with a big selection and try them all on, even the ones out of your price range. You'll get a good idea of what you get for your buck.

I like the burton rpms but I'm using Dakine somethings now. I also use the burton yeti and burton ak hover mitt.

I would pay around 10,000yen for gloves. Obviously if you get lower end ones the quality goes down

Originally Posted By: Chilulu

Thanks in advance!

You might want to try to send them back to Burton to see if it is a "manufacturing defect".

Stick with the big names and they usually stand behind their products.

I had a pair of Marmot gloves with an unraveling seam. They replaced it with a brand new pair of current year model...

Most of the backcountry guys swear by Black Diamond. Great gloves but a little pricy.

I just bought a pair of Burton Liftliners(10,500 YEN):

I used them for the first time yesterday and today and I'm

happy with them. My hands stayed warm and dry the whole time.

Today really put them to the test too as it was blizzard conditions at Kagura. The fingertips and palm area are made of leather which I treated with Nikwax. I think for snowboarders you tend to use your fingertips alot getting in and out of bindings, thus the durability of leather is a plus. The inner part of the glove is a waterproof insert made by Dryride. If I can use them for the next 3-5 years I'll be happy.

anytime I saw the Burton gloves, they just looked cheap and "supermarket-like". When I went home at Xmas, a Tresspass store had opened up in my city, went in for a nosy and got a pair of gloves that seem to be a lot better quality than the big name brands and for cheap as well, only cost me 16 quid. Used them once already and they were great, fingers didn't get cold or wet throughout the day. My gloves from last year, an expensive big branded pair, are screwed after 1 season of light-medium use

My experience of Burton gloves isn't that good but their customer service was.

Had a pair of toasters I think they were called, with weird leathery finger tips. The tips wore off within maybe 10 days so I took them back.

The same thing happened with the replacements so I got my money back and bought some 3000yen no brand gloves from a resort that have now clocked up 30-40 days and still work great.

I know Burton-bashing is quite a popular activity, but in this case I really couldn't recommend the gloves.