Hi all

I'm doing a Nagano trip for the first time next month after doin a few seasons in Niseko. Having a look at Shiga Kogen, Hakuba and Nozawa. I've researched Hakuba and Nozawa and have them booked but bit thin on advice re best area to base our selves in Shiga kogen.

I'll have wheels and with the family so not chasing Apre. I'm a snowboarder and after steep runs. After the best powder(like everyone) not that interested in snowboard parks etc.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated and if you know of a good ryokan or pension upto ichi man per person in that recommended area that would also be grand. I speak a rare version of Japanese so that's also not an issue.

Hope your all getting some turns in and hoping it will still end up a good season for u'all.

Best for 09

Hey Toddy

Seems like we are almost doing the same trip.

Good luck securing accomadation in Shiga at this late stage. I left my trip to the last minute and couldnt get any accom there sorted out but Im hoping you have more luck then I. In the end Im going to Myoko instead so all good. When are you travelling?

Just got back from Shiga Kogen, was awesome skiing that is, nightlife pretty dull stayed at Ichinose area contact is

Yuichi Sato - Villa Ichinose

great japanese hotel very friendly food great, onsen, shop, ski hire etc.

Also stayed at Nozawo Onsen in Aussie Lodge which was great, had a kitchen so could cook if you wanted.

Town was amazing, Onsens great. skiing great also.

contact is Fi & Tim

Lodge Nagano - details can be found in the Places to Stay section of the site