• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: SG
Originally Posted By: Mantas

Too much pressure.

speaking of urinals, although you might have noticed the puddles I have noticed when going to the toilet that quite a few Japanese guys get extraordinarily close to the urinal like they are trying to hump it. Are they are afraid the guy at the neighbouring one will see the teeny dingaling? or are they just very well trained and concerned about making puddles?

I asked the same question above, seems no one wants to venture an answer though!! I'm amazed that they can miss and make such big puddles, they are almost inside the urinal!!

I have seen in quite a few places in Japan the urinals that have a red target right in the spot where there will be no splashback or leakage. Im sure I have seen some at the rest stops on the highways.

On that. Gees I miss the toilets where you dont actually have to touch any of the fixtures and all the soap and water have sensors on it!

Men were never meant to pee iin a toilet or urinal.

On the other hand it's hard to imagine what it would kind of place it would be if 10 million men in tokyo peed on the garden/fence/wall/car/lampost/tree/each other.

I've see Japanese urinals with "take one step closer" written above them. Urrghh! No thanks!

The first old house you come to Hida no Sato museum in Takayama has a urinal outside the front door. Ah, the good old days!

I have used to have right next to my genkan in my old house in matsumoto that was built in 1945. It was weird having a urinal in your house, a bitch to clean as well.

Funny topic.

Living with 5 boys/men I promise you that none of the male species can aim reliably.

But I also had to use a mens loo recently. On the sleeper train from Paris to Milan. (same trip my laptop got trashed) Some woman had locked herself in the womans loo for HOURS....clearly she was not well - the sounds were nasty. However the rest of us needed to go at some stage too, so we took turns in the gents .....I suppose there was the excuse of of moving train to blame the puddles on but it was pretty nasty!

Any visitor to India would have experienced a 'drive by crapping'. On a cross country bus trip, you pass a rural school or building site, and about 50 people are lined up on the road taking a synchronised dump during the allotted 5 mins break.

Originally Posted By: bobby12
Any visitor to India would have experienced a 'drive by crapping'.

lol I think the first person I saw when I arrived in India-after leaving the airport- was having a dump.

Platform barriers on the subway were put up a few years ago to prevent people falling/being pushed/jumping onto the line.

Before this, there was this visitor from India who jumped onto the line at Causeway Bay and started running. He caused chaos during rush hour cos all the trains had to stop.

When apprehended, he was asked why he did it. Apparently, he had just missed a train and was running down the tunnel to catch it, 'cos back home, if he missed one, he'd have to wait 2 days for the next.

Originally Posted By: pie-eater
synchronised dump ?! lol

now that would be a great Olympic event!!! lol

funny how public toilets here (for men) don't seem to be too hidden from passing people. sometimes you can see the people peeing when yu walk past. In my school, they often leave the gents toilet window open....even although its on the ground floor and opens out into the car park!!