OK on Sunday evening I was out in town with some friends and needed the toilets badly. Undortunately the ladies was closed (?) so I had to use the mens toilets. That in itself was rather offputting, but I had no real choice and the place was a clean and expensive restaurant.

One thing I noticed.

Guys - when you're standing doing your thing, doesn't your equipment mean that you can actually aim?

Looking at the puddles around each of the urinals on the way out, the evidence says otherwise. Was that restaurant just full of men who can't aim proper, or is that the norm?

Disgusting!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: rach

Guys - when you're standing doing your thing, doesn't your equipment mean that you can actually aim?

Yes you can aim. I know what you mean and I don't know what's with that.

One american urinal company features a fly painted into the enamel of its urinals to give men something to aim at.

Perhaps little pictures on politicians could be stuck on new urinals

The puddle thing is kind of a vicious circle:

Puddle on floor = men step back further = puddle gets bigger...

Even with no puddle, some men step back just out of habit or because they dont trust their eyes.

if toilets are kept immaculate or at least semi-clean it seems to be that blokes make more of an effort to keep it that way

but when they're already grubby no one seems to care...

i agree with bobby12's vicious circle theory

here's an interesting toilet with one way glass

SwedishToilet.jpg

I bought some light grey suit trousers and soon regretted it when i found that dribble shows on it. I never wear them now, or if i do i only piss sitting down "number-2-style". biggrin

This reminds me of a great ad I saw on the shinkansen for super absorbant pants aimed at oyajis that cant control their dribbles. i took a photo of it and will post it tonight, stay tuned...

I agree Rach, toilets at home aren't exactly the nicest but there are a lot less puddles around the bottom of the urinals. I don't know how Japanese dudes miss so much, especially when you see how close they stand to the urinal.

You should get some of the She-pee thingys Rach then you can try it out for yourself! smile

They don't come with sights attached Rach. You would never understand.

Too much pressure.

' I've got to get it all in that tiny hole, all the way down there.?'

Give me a tree any day. (or night, preferably) shifty

If I went to that one-way glass toilet, I'd get massive stage fright....

All it takes is a hair and you've got a splitter to try controlling, but if I miss/get splash back from too much pressure, I'll usually clean it up. I'm a little neurotic about clean toilets. Probably why I go down the elevator to another floor with less traffic.. There's about 100 guys using 3 toilets on my level so it can get pretty horrid.

Originally Posted By: Mantas

Give me a tree any day. (or night, preferably) shifty

yep, i like to pee in the garden. plus you don't need to flush which is important in these times of water shortages
Originally Posted By: Mantas

Too much pressure.

actually a lack of pressure is often the culprit, like a garden hose when its at high pressure its a clean straight stream and that is easy to direct, BUT when the pressure is low just like garden hose the stream isn't clean and straight it's more of a sprinkler effect.

Men with prostate troubles have very low pressure so that a likely culprit for old men to be spraying.
Also it can happen to any guy right at the end of the urination when the pressure drops off from the initial flow and a sprinkle can occasionally happen this is compounded by the urethra opening having stretch a lot during a stiffy so when its flaccid there is "slack" and not a clean sharp edge like a hose.

So there you have it Rach. its not such a simple operation as woman would like to think its - many factors come into play.

speaking of urinals, although you might have noticed the puddles I have noticed when going to the toilet that quite a few Japanese guys get extraordinarily close to the urinal like they are trying to hump it. Are they are afraid the guy at the neighbouring one will see the teeny dingaling? or are they just very well trained and concerned about making puddles?