I can't believe that they want to take Vegemite off the shelves because of it's high salt content in a push to battle the obesity problem.

HELLO how many people sit down and eat a jar of vegemite in one sitting??? I am sure NO I KNOW there are people out there that eat a 250gm packet of chips, a 2 litre of ice cream, packet of tim tams all in one sitting.

Are we going to close McDonalds, Pizza Shops, Hungry Jacks, Fish and Chip Shops.

I am sorry but I choose to be person that watches what I eat and I exercise daily to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Why should I suffer because of people out there who UPSIZE, SCOFF and eat the wrong food. They decide to have that lifestyle SO LEAVE MY VEGEMITE ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! veryangry

Sorry rant over.

Um the funny thing is that vegemite/marmite/yeast extract, except for the high salt content, also have a very very very large amount of protein in it. Go on check it out. For about every 1g, 0.5g is protein.

HEY don't you worry about that I have checked everything out on that label. THIS IS AN AUSTRALIAN ICON. Most australian kids grew up on vegemite "I'm a vegemite kid".

OH NO but now they are going to have to grow up on water because it has no fat, carbohydrates, no salt - HANG ON what about Fluoride what does that have in it!!

LOL.

Now they want to ban the Nippers caps.

This place has gone stark raving mad.. All our little aussie kids gonna be running round as white as an emglishman.. Surely that's gotta be worse than a tiny tan.

I hate vegemite, but I still think that bureaucracy is at its best, reading this.

I saw on tv last night that they want to ban mouthwash because the alcohol can cause mouth cancer. this is despite the fact that there is less alcohol in it than in an alcoholic drink, plus you might only gargle a few mls once or twice a day.

The objecting body said if they cant have it banned then they want it "prescription only"

what a farce!!

who exactly is running Australia?? Sounds like some of the nobs from the European Parliament, who actually went to the trouble to set up parameters for the bend in a banana, if its not within a certain angle range then its illegal!! Totally barmy and what a waste of time and money

EXACTLY the POLLIES and DO GOODERS have ALL gone MENTAL. Do they not think there is a reason why the have a tie on cap!!!!

It is very hard to go and rescue someone with a wide brim had and cancer council approved sunglasses. OH WAIT a minute maybe they want the lifesavers in a full brim hat, long sleeves and pants and when someone gets into trouble maybe they can change into their lifesaving garb. IDIOTS.

So now the lifesavers will not be able to have vegemite on toast for breakfast, clean their teeth and rinse with listerine before going to work in there WIDE BRIM HATS! rollabout

Here's a better idea maybe instead of joining the kids up to nippers with a healthy outdoor life learning essential things about the surf, maybe they can stay home eating kebabs playing on a playstation all day.

RANT OVER!!

Originally Posted By: Go Native
Australia is the ultimate nanny society. Thank god I don't live there anymore...

Mate, there is a bloody lot of good about living in OZ.
Sounds like you have been burnt here to hate it so much.

Originally Posted By: Indo
Originally Posted By: Go Native
Australia is the ultimate nanny society. Thank god I don't live there anymore...

Mate, there is a bloody lot of good about living in OZ.
Sounds like you have been burnt here to hate it so much.

Don't hate Aus at all. It's just after living in Japan for a number of years I've realised that there are better places to live (like those that get 12m+ of snow each year) clap
Living in Japan has it's frustrations for sure but I can't really tell you how good it is to live in a place with virtually no crime or vandalism or bogans (expcept for a few months over winter razz ).
Originally Posted By: snowhunter
EXACTLY the POLLIES and DO GOODERS have ALL gone MENTAL. Do they not think there is a reason why the have a tie on cap!!!!

It is very hard to go and rescue someone with a wide brim had and cancer council approved sunglasses. OH WAIT a minute maybe they want the lifesavers in a full brim hat, long sleeves and pants and when someone gets into trouble maybe they can change into their lifesaving garb. IDIOTS.

So now the lifesavers will not be able to have vegemite on toast for breakfast, clean their teeth and rinse with listerine before going to work in there WIDE BRIM HATS! rollabout

Here's a better idea maybe instead of joining the kids up to nippers with a healthy outdoor life learning essential things about the surf, maybe they can stay home eating kebabs playing on a playstation all day.

RANT OVER!!

dude...nothing wrong with eating kebabs....lets not go too OTT!!
wink