During my stay at Niseko I am looking at heading over to Kiroro for a day for a change of scenery. I am trying to find an alternate means of getting to Kiroro rather than getting a bus to Kutchan, then train to Otaru and then bus to Kiroro because I can for see it as a 2-3 hour trip each way. Then I came along Hokkaido Resort Liners however I can't seem to find a website for them, hence find out where in Niseko they depart (I presume the welcome centre) and if and when i do decide to go how do I make reservation? Does anyone have any suggestions or an alternative means of getting there please? Thanks in advance

You can catch a bus directly from Niseko to Otaru, then get on an Otaru to Kiroro bus from there. This is from the "Kutchan to Otaru" thread:

Okay, the Chuo bus schedule is here , but is in Japanese only. The bus starts in the Annupuri area, and heads past the Niseko View Plaza then heads out of town toward the coast. If you are at Higashiyama or Hirafu, you will have to find a way over to Annupuri or one of the bus stops along the route (View Plaza or Niseko town post office are probably the easiest other than Annupuri). The buses head out from the Annupuri ski area bus stop at 08:52, 13:32, and 15:52, and arrive at the Otaru station bus terminal at 10:55, 15:35, and 17:55 respectively. Cost is around 1600-yen per person.

Originally Posted By: Banno
Thanks Native, Yeah I did Rusutsu last year and enjoyed it and I am also doing a day there this year as well, so Kiroro is not worth going to?

It depends on what you are after and if they got a bit more snow since New Years.
It definitely worths a day or more there.

There's some good stuff at Kiroro but with the hassle of getting there and back it's not the most convenient option. You could look at hiring a car for a day and with the new road that opened this year from Kutchan you can get there in only about 40mins.

Awesome feedback thanks guys, this is why snow japan is the best snow forum in the world because of the members like you guys. Once again thanks heaps and if ever on the Gold Coast let me know and I will return any advise needed.

• 10 months later...